- To fashion the Eucharistic celebration as the center of our Catholic faith community’s unique encounter with the risen Christ.
- To promote weekend liturgies where the faith community truly becomes “church” as activities, ministries, and programs find their meaning and sustenance in the celebration of holy Mass.
- To fashion various liturgical and para-liturgical celebrations such as Liturgies for Children, Mass of Remembrance, Anointing of the Sick, Parish Feast Day Mass, Lenten and Advent devotion, Divine Mercy Sunday, and Benediction.
- To interact with all parish ministries and organizations to celebrate “around the altar” the “richness” of the virtuous works they each contribute to the faith community.
- Father Gene Gianelli 203.387.7119
- Mrs. Janice Wivagg
- Mrs. Patricia DiBuduo
- Dr. Keith Smolinski
- Mr. John DeSarbo
- Healthcare Ministry Representative
- The above liturgical roles are always in need of new members, to join please contact Father Gene Gianelli directly.
Activities and Volunteer Opportunities
- The committee oversees and trains lectors, altar servers, Special Ministers of the Eucharist and ushers.
- Boys and girls, grades 4 through senior high school, assist at weekend liturgies and weddings. Adult servers assist at funerals.
- If you are interested, please contact Mrs. Denise Herbert 203.387.7119.
- Lectors publicly proclaim the Word of the Lord during daily and Sunday Mass and on special liturgical feasts.
- If you are interested in becoming a Lecturer, please call the rectory or Chairperson Mrs. Rosemarie DiRienzo at 203.389.9698.
- Pope Paul VI authorized Special Ministers of Communion to share the body & blood of Christ with fellow worshippers at Mass and with those confined to their homes.
- If you are interested in becoming a Eucharistic Minister, please contact the Father Gene Gianelli at 203.387.7119.
- Ushers are the ministers of hospitality welcoming and helping people, distributing bulletins, collecting weekly offerings, and answering questions about upcoming events.
- If you are interested in becoming an Usher, please call the rectory or Chairperson: Mr. Ben DiCenzo 203.393.2077.
Altar Linens Mission
- The purpose of the Altar Linen Committee is to provide clean linens for the priest to use during mass at both church locations.
- If you are interested, please contact Mrs. Theresa DeSarbo at 203.393.3105.
Small Christian Communities
- The mission of the Small Christian Communities is to promote and support small Christian groups that meet regularly to increase spirituality and knowledge of scripture.
- There are two groups in the Church which meet in parishioners’ homes. One group meets on Wednesday mornings and the second group meets on Thursday evenings.
- If you would like more information, please contact Mrs. Denise Herbert at 203.387.7119.