Welcome – Please Join Us!
Mother Church (OLOA)
1700 Litchfield Turnpike (Rte. 69) Woodbridge, CT 06525 For Directions Click Here
- Weekday Service: Mon – Friday 9:00 am
- Saturday Service: 8:30 am
- Sunday Service: 8:00 am
- No Thursday Service
Our Lady of the Assumption Church & Rectory
81 Center Road (Rte. 114) Woodbridge, CT 06525 For Directions Click Here T: 203-387-7119 F: 203-387-4281
- Saturday Vigil: 5:00 pm
- Sunday Service: 9:30 and 11:30 am
- Confession: Saturday 9:00 am or by appt.
|Pastor||Father Gene E. Gianelli|
|Parochial Vicar||Father Francois Xavier Eale|
|Deacons||Deacon John Conte Jr.Deacon John ‘Jack’ Mordecai|
|Dir. Religious Ed.||Sister Dorellen Sullivan|
|Parish Secretary||Mrs. Denise Herbert|
|Rel. Ed. Secretary .||Mrs. Christine Silvestri|
|Music Director||Dr. Keith Smolinski|
Weekly Mass Bulletins
- July 24, 2016
- July 17, 2016
- July 10, 2016
- July 03, 2016
- June 26, 2016
- June 19, 2016
- June 12, 2016
- June 05, 2016
RELIGIOUS EDUCATION OFFICE
- Students new to the program in September 2016 are asked to begin the registration process through July and Early August. Baptismal certificate must be presented at the time of registration. May all have a restful and family orientated summer.
- The Religious Education Office and the Rectory Office will resume regular hours on Tuesday, July 5, 2016. The Rectory Office hours are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, 9:00am. to 12:30pm. The Rectory Office is closed Thursdays. The Religious Education hours are Monday through Wednesday 10:00am to 3:00pm. Summer hours are in effect.
- We are thankful to those who have made a monetary gift to the Capital Maintenance Fund. The Terrazzo floors in the sanctuary and nave of the Center Road Church are completed. The vestibule and sacristies will be done by the end of the month. If you have not made a sacrificial gift to the fund, kindly consider a gift this week. Three of our planned projects depend on your support. Thank you!
- Keep in mind the 2016 Christmas Bazaar sponsored by the Ladies Guild is just around the corner. Vendors interested in participating can now access the Crafter Agreement Form via this link. Additional information will be posted over the next few months.
KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS
- Trinity Council works closely with Our Lady of the Assumption Parish in Woodbridge, CT. Members are active participants in the parish with the goal of enriching the lives of those in our community by following the precepts of the Catholic Church and the Knights of Columbus core virtues of Charity, Unity, Fraternity and Patriotism. The Council meets the third Tuesday of every month at the Mother Church at 7PM located at 1700 Litchfield Turnpike (Rte. 69) Woodbridge, CT 06525.
Information and Upcoming Events!
- Coming to know God’s Word for more than 20 years! The Archdiocese of Hartford’s Catholic Biblical School offers a comprehensive Bible study from a Catholic perspective. Interested adults need to begin the enrollment process by August 15, and classes begin in Hamden and the Waterbury area in early September. For more information, check the website www.orehartford.org or call Jill or BJ at 860-242-5573.
PRAY THE ROSARY
- Please join the Knights of Columbus on Sunday July 31st after the 9:30AM mass for the Fifth Sunday Rosary Program. We will be praying this rosary for our own Fr. Bob Lord. All parishioners and their families are encouraged to attend. Rosaries and prayer cards will be made available.
OLOA FEAST DAY PRAYER AND DINNER
- Please join your Knights of Columbus Trinity Council #5467 for a prayer of the rosary and procession in honor of Our Lady of the Assumption on Saturday, August 13, 2016 immediately following the 5:00 Mass. Trinity Council is also sponsoring a dinner in the church hall that evening immediately following the procession. Tickets are $20 for adults, $15 for children and seniors, and will be sold after all masses. A limited selection of beer and wine will be available for sale at dinner and guests are also encouraged to BYOB. For more information contact Anthony Monelli at (203) 824-3328.
HEALING MASS…LOURDES IN CT
- On Saturday, September 10, 2016 the Order of Malta will hold the third annual “Lourdes in a Day Pilgrimage” at St. Thomas Seminary in Bloomfield, CT. Known for their charism of defense of the Catholic faith and service to the sick and the poor, the Order of Malta conducts this one-day pilgrimage to allow those unable to make the trip to Lourdes, France to experience the joy, grace and healing promised by Our Lady of Lourdes. The day begins at 9:30am with reconciliation, Mass with Archbishop Leonard P. Blair at 10 a.m., lunch at noon and workshops for the sick and their caretakers afterwards. The day will conclude at 4:30 p.m. There is NO cost. Please register with Mark Sullivan at: 860-523-1405 by Monday, August 15.
WISDOM HOUSE RETREAT AND CONFERENCE CENTER
- For further information, contact Wisdom House at: (860) 567-3163, email@example.com or visit: www.wisdomhouse.org
- Tielhard de Chardin: Pilgrim, Prophet, Mystic – A Three Part Series with Sally Woodhall. Saturday August 13 & September 10 (9:30 am-3 pm). Explore how Chardin’s writings expand and deepen the realization of God.
- Knights of Columbus Assembly #2459 Presents the 4th Annual Golf Tournament to benefit Veteran & Military programs & other charitable causes. Sunday Sept. 11, 2016 Country Club of Woodbridge. Noon registration & lunch 1pm shotgun start. Reception dinner following play $150 per golfer. non golfer dinner $50 donation Featured prizes include $25,000 Hole-in-one prize 1 free club per golfer Plus other gifts & prizes and a fabulous raffle. For further information, contact Ric Raffone (203)-6406482.
ANNIVERSARY SUNDAY CELEBRATION
- All couples celebrating their 25th, 50th, 60th, or other special wedding anniversaries this year are invited to a special Mass at St. Joseph’s Cathedral on Sunday, October 16, 2016 at 2:00 P.M. Archbishop Blair will be the main celebrant. Mass will include the renewal of marriage vows, followed by a simple reception an opportunity for a photo with Archbishop Blair. Family members and friends are encouraged to attend. Please call the Rectory/parish at 203-387-7119 to respond to this invitation. Questions regarding the Mass can be directed to Clarigsa Pena at (860) 242-5573 Ext 2690