Welcome – Please Join Us!
Mother Church (OLOA)
1700 Litchfield Turnpike (Rte. 69) Woodbridge, CT 06525 For Directions Click Here
- Weekday Service: Mon – Friday 9:00 am
- Saturday Service: 8:30 am
- Sunday Service: 8:00 am
- No Thursday Service
Our Lady of the Assumption Church & Rectory
81 Center Road (Rte. 114) Woodbridge, CT 06525 For Directions Click Here T: 203-387-7119 F: 203-387-4281
- Saturday Vigil: 5:00 pm
- Sunday Service: 9:30 and 11:30 am
- Confession: Saturday 9:00 am or by appt.
|Pastor||Father Gene E. Gianelli|
|Parochial Vicar||Father Francois Xavier Eale|
|Deacons||Deacon John Conte Jr.Deacon John ‘Jack’ Mordecai|
|Dir. Religious Ed.||Sister Dorellen Sullivan|
|Parish Secretary||Mrs. Denise Herbert|
|Rel. Ed. Secretary .||Mrs. Nancy Monelli|
|Music Director||Dr. Keith Smolinski|
Weekly Mass Bulletins
RELIGIOUS ED OFFICE HOURS
- Monday through Wednesday 10:00AM to 5:00PM. Rectory office hours: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday, 9:00AM to 12:30PM. The office is closed Thursdays.
KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS
- Trinity Council works closely with Our Lady of the Assumption Parish in Woodbridge, CT. Members are active participants in the parish with the goal of enriching the lives of those in our community by following the precepts of the Catholic Church and the Knights of Columbus core virtues of Charity, Unity, Fraternity and Patriotism. The Council meets the third Tuesday of every month at the Mother Church at 7PM located at 1700 Litchfield Turnpike (Rte. 69) Woodbridge, CT 06525.
COATS FOR KIDS
- The Knights of Columbus Trinity Council #5467 successfully completed their 2nd annual “Coats for Kids” program distributing eighty-four (84) new winter coats to individual families and groups in the area. It is the desire of the Knights of Columbus to keep all children warm in harsh winter climate. In 2015 the council distributed thirty-six (36) coats.
Information and Upcoming Events!
- The Confirmation Class of 2017 is supporting” Linens of Love”, a non-profit agency supplying linens and toiletries to area shelters and those transitioning to their own place. Sheets, comforters, laundry supplies, and toiletries are welcome. If you are able to donate such items, please know there is a metal laundry basket at the back of the church where items can be left. Thank you.
COLLECTION FOR BETH-EL CENTER
- On Sunday February 5, 2017 over 100 million Americans will watch the Super Bowl football game and enjoy abundance of food and fellowship. At the same time too many people will be worrying about staying warm, finding shelter and a warm meal. To help the less fortunate, please consider making a donation to our Souper Bowl Sunday Collection for the Beth-El Center shelter and soup kitchen in Milford. High school boys and girls from our parish (God Squad) will be collecting a free will offering after all the masses at all entrances of our church on the weekend of February 4-6. We appreciate your contribution to this special collection.
2018 DAILY MASS BOOK
- Monday, February 6, 2017 parishioners may begin requesting Masses for the year 2018. As we have experience in past years, the date requested may not be available. You may submit your dates in writing. Please include a telephone number and alternative dates. To verify masses contact Denise in the rectory 387-7119 the following Monday, February 13, 2017. The masses are on a first come first serve basis. The offering for the weekday Mass is $20.00 weekend Mass is $25.00 and the sanctuary candle offering is $10.00.
FEAST OF ST. BLAISE
- Friday, February 3, 2017 following the 9:00AM Mass throats will be blessed. If inconvenient, please contact the rectory for appointment 387-7119.
CATHOLIC H.S. COLLECTION
- The Legacy of Catholic high school education is a rich one that has strengthened our Church for 184 years in the Archdiocese of Hartford. Your support of the 2017 Catholic High School Collection on next the weekend of January 2122 will help to sustain and enhance this important legacy while securing the future of our Church. Thank you for your investment in the ministry of Catholic high school education.
- Please join the Knights of Columbus on Sunday January 29th following the 9:30 am service for the Fifth Sunday Rosary program. We will be praying for our confirmation candidates as well as a community devotion to Mary. All parishioners and their families are invited to participate. Rosaries and prayer cards will be provided.
FREE THROW COMPETITION
- The Knights of Columbus will hold its 3rd annual free throw competition for boys and girls on Saturday January 28th at 12 noon in the Center Road Gym in Woodbridge. For more information and details call 1.203.242.0076.