Welcome – Please Join Us!
Mother Church (OLOA)
1700 Litchfield Turnpike (Rte. 69) Woodbridge, CT 06525 For Directions Click Here
- Weekday Service: Mon – Friday 9:00 am
- Saturday Service: 8:30 am
- Sunday Service: 8:00 am
- No Thursday Service
Our Lady of the Assumption Church & Rectory
81 Center Road (Rte. 114) Woodbridge, CT 06525 For Directions Click Here T: 203-387-7119 F: 203-387-4281
- Saturday Vigil: 5:00 pm
- Sunday Service: 9:30 and 11:30 am
- Confession: Saturday 9:00 am or by appt.
|Pastor||Father Gene E. Gianelli|
|Parochial Vicar||Father Francois Xavier Eale|
|Deacons||Deacon John Conte Jr.Deacon John ‘Jack’ Mordecai|
|Dir. Religious Ed.||Sister Dorellen Sullivan|
|Parish Secretary||Mrs. Denise Herbert|
|Rel. Ed. Secretary .||Mrs. Christine Silvestri|
|Music Director||Dr. Keith Smolinski|
Weekly Mass Bulletins
RELIGIOUS EDUCATION OFFICE
- Students new to the program in September 2016 are asked to begin the registration process through July and Early August. Baptismal certificate must be presented at the time of registration. May all have a restful and family orientated summer.
- The Religious Education Office and the Rectory Office will resume regular hours on Tuesday, July 5, 2016. The Rectory Office hours are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, 9:00am. to 12:30pm. The Rectory Office is closed Thursdays. The Religious Education hours are Monday through Wednesday 10:00am to 3:00pm. Summer hours are in effect.
- Keep in mind the 2016 Christmas Bazaar sponsored by the Ladies Guild is just around the corner. Vendors interested in participating can now access the Crafter Agreement Form via this link. Additional information will be posted over the next few months.
Information and Upcoming Events!
- Our Lady of Assumption Service Award is awarded to the following three parishioners: Meghan Hill who has been a lector for our parish for 4 years and is headed off to Bucknell University this fall, Anthony Luciani who has sung with the choir for 4 years and will attend Gateway Community College this fall, and Ryan Oleynik who has been an altar server for 8 years and will study at Boston College this fall. We wish you the very best!
- Coming to know God’s Word for more than 20 years! The Archdiocese of Hartford’s Catholic Biblical School offers a comprehensive Bible study from a Catholic perspective. Interested adults need to begin the enrollment process by August 15, and classes begin in Hamden and the Waterbury area in early September. For more information, check the website www.orehartford.org or call Jill or BJ at 860-242-5573.
WISDOM HOUSE RETREAT AND CONFERENCE CENTER
- For further information, contact Wisdom House at: (860) 567-3163, email@example.com or visit: www.wisdomhouse.org
- Experiences of Emerging Church – with Peggy Richard. Wednesday, July 6 6:30-8:30 pm, or Saturday, July 9, 10am noon. Donation: $5
- Spiritual Drumming – with Susan Strand. Class meets July 12th 1:00-2:30 pm. Donation: $10. Ink, Pen and Paper: The Ancient Art of Writing – with Davyne Verstandig. July 15 (6 pm dinner) –July 17 (lunch). Come write in the stillness of the New England countryside.
- The Golden Rule: Why It Does and When It Doesn’t Work – with Rami Shapiro. Friday, July 15 (6 pm dinner) to Sunday, July 17 (lunch). A fun, interactive weekend using the tools of game theory and negotiation.
- Tielhard de Chardin: Pilgrim, Prophet, Mystic – A Three Part Series with Sally Woodhall. Saturdays, July 16, August 13, September 10 (9:30 am-3 pm). Explore how Chardin’s writings expand and deepen the realization of God.
- We extend our prayers to Mario DiRienzo, Permanent Deacon of the Archdiocese of Hartford, on the occasion of his thirty years of service to the People of God. Mario is a parishioner of our faith community and had served as a deacon with us for a number of years. Congratulations, Mario!!
KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS
- Trinity Council works closely with Our Lady of the Assumption Parish in Woodbridge, CT. Members are active participants in the parish with the goal of enriching the lives of those in our community by following the precepts of the Catholic Church and the Knights of Columbus core virtues of Charity, Unity, Fraternity and Patriotism. The Council meets the third Tuesday of every month at the Mother Church at 7PM located at 1700 Litchfield Turnpike (Rte. 69) Woodbridge, CT 06525.