Welcome – Please Join Us!
Mother Church (OLOA)
1700 Litchfield Turnpike (Rte. 69) Woodbridge, CT 06525 For Directions Click Here
- Weekday Service: Mon – Friday 9:00 am
- Saturday Service: 8:30 am
- Sunday Service: 8:00 am
- No Thursday Service
Our Lady of the Assumption Church & Rectory
81 Center Road (Rte. 114) Woodbridge, CT 06525 For Directions Click Here T: 203-387-7119 F: 203-387-4281
- Saturday Vigil: 5:00 pm
- Sunday Service: 9:30 and 11:30 am
- Confession: Saturday 9:00 am or by appt.
|Pastor||Father Gene E. Gianelli|
|Parochial Vicar||Father Joseph Sidera|
|Deacons||Deacon John Conte Jr.Deacon John ‘Jack’ Mordecai|
|Dir. Religious Ed.||Sister Dorellen Sullivan|
|Parish Secretary||Mrs. Denise Herbert|
|Rel. Ed. Secretary .||Mrs. Nancy Monelli|
|Music Director||Dr. Keith Smolinski|
Weekly Mass Bulletins
RELIGIOUS ED / RECTORY HOURS
- Religious Education office hours are Monday through Wednesday from 10:00am to 3:00pm.
- Rectory Office hours are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, 9:00am. to 12:30pm. The Rectory Office is closed Thursdays.
REPORTING SEXUAL ABUSE
- If you have knowledge or suspect that a minor or vulnerable adult (an adult with an intellectual disability) has been sexually abused, in any manner, by personnel of the Archdiocese of Hartford, you are urged to report this information to: Kathleen D. Norwosadko, Victim Assistance Coordinator (860-541-6475) Kathleen.email@example.com. In addition, you will be asked to follow up in writing with a detailed description of the facts involved in the incident. Specifics of this written report can be found in the Policies and Procedures of the Archdiocese of Hartford Relating to Allegations of Sexual Misconduct involving Minors and Vulnerable Adults.
- This document is also available online at www.archdioceseofhartford.org. The Archdiocese of Hartford will report any and all incidents to the proper civil authorities.
KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS
- Trinity Council works closely with Our Lady of the Assumption Parish in Woodbridge, CT. Members are active participants in the parish with the goal of enriching the lives of those in our community by following the precepts of the Catholic Church and the Knights of Columbus core virtues of Charity, Unity, Fraternity and Patriotism. The Council meets the third Tuesday of every month at the Mother Church at 7PM located at 1700 Litchfield Turnpike (Rte. 69) Woodbridge, CT 06525. Our next Council meeting is scheduled for Tuesday June 20, 2017. Interested parishioners should contact Carlos Alvarez (203.676.7437) for more info.
Information and Upcoming Events!
S.O.S. RELIGIOUS EDUCATION
- Our 1st grade class is in need of a teacher beginning on Tuesday afternoons through May 8th. Classes are from 3:45 until 4:45. If there is someone who might be able to help us, please call Sister Dorellen at 203-389-9863.
- The Little Sisters of the Poor have sent us a request for a donation of Body Wash and Body Lotion for their residents. The winter weather and flu season have hit them hard. Donations may be left in the baskets in the vestibule. Sister Dorellen will bring donations to Enfield on Friday, February 9th.
FEAST OF ST. BLAISE
- Saturday, February 3, 2018 following the 8:30AM Mass throats will be blessed. A general blessing of throats will be imposed at the end of all Masses on Saturday and Sunday, February 3 and 4. If inconvenient, please contact the rectory for appointment 387-7119.
PARISH NURSE MINISTRY
- The Parish Nurse Ministry, led by Barbara Bessinger and Debby Criscuolo aims to foster health promotion by offering health information on a variety of subjects through speakers, classes and other events to help the congregation recognize the interrelationship of mind, body and spirit. Future program information coming soon. Stay tuned!
- We are offering CPR training again on January 21,2018 (snow date January 28) at 1pm. Those who participate will receive a 2-year HeartSaver certificate from the American Heart Association. The class is limited to 20 people.
- The class will include adult, child, and infant CPR, as well as use if the AED and what to do if someone is choking. The cost for the card is $20.00. CPR books are also available for an additional fee.
- Everyone is offered the opportunity to contribute towards the expense of flowers for the altars at Christmas and throughout the liturgical year. Please use the envelopes in your envelope packets. All contributions and floral memorials will be acknowledged unless you wish your gift to be anonymous. All donations are appreciated. During Advent and throughout the Christmas season it is a beautiful custom to make a special offering or gift to your Church. These gifts are deeply appreciated and are used for various educational programs conducted by the Parish, all special gifts of $100.00 or more will be acknowledged. Have a blessed Advent and wonderful Christmas.
2019 DAILY MASS BOOK
- Starting Monday, February 5, 2018, parishioners may begin requesting Masses for the year 2019. We recommend parishioners call during the week to reserve the Masses they wish. You may submit your dates in writing. Please include a telephone number and alternative dates. To verify masses contact Denise in the rectory 387-7119 the following Monday, February 12, 2018. The masses are on a first come first serve basis. The offering for the weekday Mass is $20.00 weekend Mass is $25.00 and the sanctuary candle offering is $10.00.