Welcome – Please Join Us!
Mother Church (OLOA)
1700 Litchfield Turnpike (Rte. 69) Woodbridge, CT 06525 For Directions Click Here
- Weekday Service: Mon – Friday 9:00 am
- Saturday Service: 8:30 am
- Sunday Service: 8:00 am
- No Thursday Service
Our Lady of the Assumption Church & Rectory
81 Center Road (Rte. 114) Woodbridge, CT 06525 For Directions Click Here T: 203-387-7119 F: 203-387-4281
- Saturday Vigil: 5:00 pm
- Sunday Service: 9:30 and 11:30 am
- Confession: Saturday 9:00 am or by appt.
|Pastor||Father Gene E. Gianelli|
|Parochial Vicar||Father Francois Xavier Eale|
|Deacons||Deacon John Conte Jr.Deacon John ‘Jack’ Mordecai|
|Dir. Religious Ed.||Sister Dorellen Sullivan|
|Parish Secretary||Mrs. Denise Herbert|
|Rel. Ed. Secretary .||Mrs. Christine Silvestri|
|Music Director||Dr. Keith Smolinski|
Weekly Mass Bulletins
ARCHBISHOP 2016 ANNUAL APPEAL
- The 2016 Archbishop’s Annual Appeal is underway. If you haven’t already, you will receive a letter from Archbishop Blair seeking your support. Together we can change the lives of thousands. The Good Works of the Church in social services, healthcare and pastoral services are exciting, challenging and fulfilling. Please respond as generously as you can.
- Coming to know God’s Word for more than 20 years! The Archdiocese of Hartford’s Catholic Biblical School offers a comprehensive Bible study from a Catholic perspective. Interested adults need to begin the enrollment process by August 15, and classes begin in Hamden and the Waterbury area in early September. For more information, check the website www.orehartford.org or call Jill or BJ at 860-242-5573.
NEW ALTAR SERVERS
- In the next few weeks “training” sessions for new altar servers will be held. Any girl or boy in grades 4 through 9 are asked to call Father Gene, if they are interested in serving. The “training” session will be on a Sunday TBA after the 9:30AM Mass.
KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS
- Trinity Council works closely with Our Lady of the Assumption Parish in Woodbridge, CT. Members are active participants in the parish with the goal of enriching the lives of those in our community by following the precepts of the Catholic Church and the Knights of Columbus core virtues of Charity, Unity, Fraternity and Patriotism. The Council meets the third Tuesday of every month at the Mother Church at 7PM located at 1700 Litchfield Turnpike (Rte. 69) Woodbridge, CT 06525.
Information and Upcoming Events!
SAINT JOSEPH MEDAL OF HONOR
- The Archdiocesan Medal of Honor is awarded to a parishioner who has shown exemplary service to the local parish over many years. This year’s recipient is Mrs. Richard (Mary) Parcella. Congratulations! All are invited to attend the ceremony. Click here for details.
MOTHER’S DAY CARDS
- A loving way to honor Mom or her memory. $2.00 Available after Mass on April 30 and May 1. Sponsored by the Ladies’ Guild.
SPRING BLOOD DRIVE
- The Knights of Columbus are sponsoring thier spring blood drive with the American Red Cross on Thursday April 28, 2016 from 1PM to 5:45PM in the parish hall. There is always a need for blood especially entering the summer season. For more information and to book a time to donate blood you may call Trinity Council’s 24-hour information line on 203-242-0076 or visit the web site at http://kofc5467.org.
SOCIAL ACTION SPRING BREAKFAST
- The Spring fundraiser will be held on May 15, 2016 following the 9:30AM Mass. Adult tickets are $8.00; children between 5-12 years of age $3.00; under 5 free. The committee will be selling tickets after the 9:30Am and 11:30Am masses on May 1st and May 8th. Tickets will also be available at the rectory during office hours, through members of the social action committee, or by calling Barbara Bessinger at 203-389-7709 or emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org . Reserved tickets can be picked up and paid for the morning of the breakfast. Proceeds from the breakfast will assist the committee with our ministry programs. There will be a children’s craft room as well as a raffle of theme baskets during the breakfast.
LADIES GUILD SERVICE AWARD
- The Ladies Guild committee is currently accepting applications for the 2016 Ladies Guild Service Award. Eligible applicants must have completed two years of service to our church since confirmation in one of the following areas: alter service, choir, usher, lector or religious education teacher. Limited number of paper copies are available in the vestibule of both churches. All applications are due no later than April 30, 2016. Any questions, please contact: Renee Capasso-Carpentiere (203) 430-5309. Note: Information & Applications can also be found via the menu path: Home-Ministries-Ladies Guild (along the main navigation bar above).
ALPHA ACHIEVEMENT PROGRAM
- The 2016 ALPHA Achievement Program is looking for college students to teach one summer class in Character Development, Math, English, Dance and Expressive Arts (Music) to Girls in Grades 3-8. Instruction takes place from June 27 through July 1 at Saint Thomas More Catholic Hall in the Yale Campus, 268 Park St., New Haven, CT. Teacher training and books will be provided. The stipend is $250 for the part time teaching positon. ALPHA is a supplementary education program which promotes character development and academic excellence among Connecticut youth. Applicants may send resume to :email@example.com or call 203-393-3396.
- Thank you Knights of Columbus! Our Local K of C Council spent last Saturday cleaning the Mother Church. They diligently cleansed all lighting fixtures, washed the statues, waxed the pews and other church furnishing. We are most grateful for the help they do for our faith community. Men of the parish who may wish to join our local K of C Council are asked to call Fathers Gene or Francois, Just another wonderful project by our Knights!!!