Welcome – Please Join Us!
Mother Church (OLOA)
1700 Litchfield Turnpike (Rte. 69) Woodbridge, CT 06525 For Directions Click Here
- Weekday Service: Mon – Friday 9:00 am
- Saturday Service: 8:30 am
- Sunday Service: 8:00 am
- No Thursday Service
Our Lady of the Assumption Church & Rectory
81 Center Road (Rte. 114) Woodbridge, CT 06525 For Directions Click Here T: 203-387-7119 F: 203-387-4281
- Saturday Vigil: 5:00 pm
- Sunday Service: 9:30 and 11:30 am
- Confession: Saturday 9:00 am or by appt.
|Pastor||Father Gene E. Gianelli|
|Parochial Vicar||Father Francois Xavier Eale|
|Deacons||Deacon John Conte Jr.Deacon John ‘Jack’ Mordecai|
|Dir. Religious Ed.||Sister Dorellen Sullivan|
|Parish Secretary||Mrs. Denise Herbert|
|Rel. Ed. Secretary .||Mrs. Christine Silvestri|
|Music Director||Dr. Keith Smolinski|
Weekly Mass Bulletins
- November 27, 2016
- November 20, 2016
- November 13, 2016
- November 06, 2016
- October 30, 2016
- October 23, 2016
- October 16, 2016
- October 09, 2016
- October 02, 2016
RELIGIOUS ED OFFICE HOURS
- Monday through Wednesday 10:00AM to 5:00PM. Rectory office hours: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday, 9:00AM to 12:30PM. The office is closed Thursdays.
KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS
- Trinity Council works closely with Our Lady of the Assumption Parish in Woodbridge, CT. Members are active participants in the parish with the goal of enriching the lives of those in our community by following the precepts of the Catholic Church and the Knights of Columbus core virtues of Charity, Unity, Fraternity and Patriotism. The Council meets the third Tuesday of every month at the Mother Church at 7PM located at 1700 Litchfield Turnpike (Rte. 69) Woodbridge, CT 06525.
- The 2016 Christmas Holiday Schedule is now available. To access it, navigate to the relevant page utilizing the ‘Schedules’ option along the navigation bar above.
Information and Upcoming Events!
- The Confirmation Class of 2017 is supporting” Linens of Love”, a non-profit agency supplying linens and toiletries to area shelters and those transitioning to their own place. Sheets, comforters, laundry supplies, and toiletries are welcome. If you are able to donate such items, please know there is a metal laundry basket at the back of the church where items can be left. Thank you.
COATS FOR KIDS
- The Knights of Columbus announces their 2nd annual “Coats for Kids” Program. The purpose of this coats initiative is designed to keep children warm in harsh winter climates. Last year Trinity Council distributed 36 coats. This year their goal is to provide 60 or more coats. Please contact Bob Ellis (203-393-0787) as soon as possible if you know of families with children who could benefit from receiving a new winter coat. The coats will be available for distribution between November 20 through December 11.
ANGEL TREE CAMPAIGN
- The Angel Tree Campaign began November 5th. The Christmas trees will be set up in the vestibules of the Mother Church and the Center Road Church with the angels. Please consider we need gifts returned by Sunday, December 4th. Be sure to attach the paper angel to the gift bag! There are six organizations in and around the Woodbridge/New Haven area with needy children and families who will receive our donations.
- If parishioners of any age would like to help sort/match/ assemble the gifts, we will be at the church hall on Friday morning, December 9th starting at 9:00 am and Sunday, December 11th at 9:00 a.m. Gifts will be distributed on Sunday, December 11th.
- The campaign is headed by Anne McDonnell (203-393-3164), Nancy Slugaski (203-828-6273) and Gale Tirrell. Please call for more information.
SAC BREAKFAST EVENT
- The Social Action Committee fall fundraiser breakfast will be held on Sunday, December 4, 2016 after the 9:30a.m. Mass. Tickets: adults $8.00; children between 5-12 years of age $3.00; under 5 free. Net proceeds will assist the committee with their social ministry programs. Theme baskets will also be raffled during the breakfast. Contact Barbara Bessinger, Chairperson 203-789-7709. The Social Action Committee is also asking for one non-perishable item with your ticket purchase. Thank you.
ADVENT WREATH LIGHTING
- Parishioners are invited to light the Advent wreath. Please call Denise at 387-7119 to let us know the date and time of the Mass you prefer. Available masses include: Nov 26th: 5PM, Nov. 27th: 8AM; 9:30AM; 11:30AM, Dec. 3rd: 5PM, Dec. 4th: 8AM; 9:30AM; 11:30AM, Dec. 10th: 5PM, Dec. 11th: 8AM; 9:30AM; 11:30AM, Dec. 17th: 5PM, Dec. 18th: 8AM; 9:30AM; 11:30AM.
- The Children’s choir rehearsal is held on Tuesdays from 4:45—5:15pm. Children from grades 1-8 are invited to sing.