Welcome – Please Join Us!
Mother Church (OLOA)
1700 Litchfield Turnpike (Rte. 69) Woodbridge, CT 06525 For Directions Click Here
- Weekday Service: Mon – Friday 9:00 am
- Saturday Service: 8:30 am
- Sunday Service: 8:00 am
- No Thursday Service
Our Lady of the Assumption Church & Rectory
81 Center Road (Rte. 114) Woodbridge, CT 06525 For Directions Click Here T: 203-387-7119 F: 203-387-4281
- Saturday Vigil: 5:00 pm
- Sunday Service: 9:30 and 11:30 am
- Confession: Saturday 9:00 am or by appt.
|Pastor||Father Gene E. Gianelli|
|Parochial Vicar||Father Francois Xavier Eale|
|Deacons||Deacon John Conte Jr.Deacon John ‘Jack’ Mordecai|
|Dir. Religious Ed.||Sister Dorellen Sullivan|
|Parish Secretary||Mrs. Denise Herbert|
|Rel. Ed. Secretary .||Mrs. Nancy Monelli|
|Music Director||Dr. Keith Smolinski|
Weekly Mass Bulletins
RELIGIOUS ED OFFICE HOURS
- Monday through Wednesday 10:00AM to 5:00PM. Rectory office hours: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday, 9:00AM to 12:30PM. The office is closed Thursdays.
- Those interested in applying for the next class of Diaconate Formation must first attend the following two informational sessions. If married, spouses must also attend. Diaconate Formation encompasses vocational, human, spiritual, intellectual and pastoral dimensions. All sessions will be held at St. THOMAS SEMINARY, 467 Bloomfield Avenue in Bloomfield on the following dates: 1) Sunday, March 12, 2017 1:30 to 3:00PM 2) Sunday, March 26, 2017 1:30 to 3:00PM. To register call 850—242-5573 ext 7447 or email@example.com
KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS
- Trinity Council works closely with Our Lady of the Assumption Parish in Woodbridge, CT. Members are active participants in the parish with the goal of enriching the lives of those in our community by following the precepts of the Catholic Church and the Knights of Columbus core virtues of Charity, Unity, Fraternity and Patriotism. The Council meets the third Tuesday of every month at the Mother Church at 7PM located at 1700 Litchfield Turnpike (Rte. 69) Woodbridge, CT 06525.
Information and Upcoming Events!
- On Ash Wednesday, March 1, 2017 Masses will be held at 9:00AM at the Mother Church and Noon at Center Road Church. Ashes will be imposed after Mass. Liturgy of the Word will be held at 5 & 7:00PM at the Center Road Church with the imposition of ashes. Click here for the Lenten Schedule.
FRIDAY NIGHT LENTEN FISH FRY
- The Ladies Guild with assistance from the Knights of Columbus will sponsor the Fish Fry on Friday March 10th. Two serving times available: 6:00 and 7:00 However you may come early and stay late regardless! Menu: Fried Fish and Chips with Cole Slaw -or- Homemade Macaroni and Cheese with Salad, Coffee, Tea and Desert. BYO Appetizers, BYOB. Tickets: Adults $10 Children (age 3-12) $5. Reservation required. Tickets will be sold after Mass Feb 18-19, Feb 25-26 and Mar 4-5 or Contact Anne Boucher at 203-393-2983 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The latest Pastor’s Corner publication and associated Statements of Financial Performance and Budget are now available. Click here for details –> Pastor’s Corner.
- The Confirmation Class of 2017 is supporting” Linens of Love”, a non-profit agency supplying linens and toiletries to area shelters and those transitioning to their own place. Sheets, comforters, laundry supplies, and toiletries are welcome. If you are able to donate such items, please know there is a metal laundry basket at the back of the church where items can be left. Thank you.
2017 ANNUAL APPEAL
- The “active phase” of the 2017 Archbishop’s Annual Appeal will soon kick-off. We have always generously supported the Appeal I humbly ask you to make a sacrificial gift to this year’s Appeal. If you can, kindly increase your gift from 2016. If you have not made a pledge/gift in the past, please give prayerful consideration to do so this year. We will need everyone’s gift to meet and hopefully surpass our parish goal. Let us be mindful for the 2017 Appeal theme: MOVED BY MERCY and help the less-fortunate and the numerous organizations and programs which bring hope to our sisters and brothers. With prayers, I am your priest and friend, Father Gene.
- The Connecticut Hospice, Inc. is sponsoring volunteer orientation and training this winter in our Shelton Home Care office. If you or someone you know is looking for an opportunity to serve others in your community, we would like to hear from you. Our homecare and nursing home patients and families are in need of your care and support. As a volunteer, you can fill your hours by in-home companionship, provide spiritual care or bereavement services, help in the arts, Reiki, Pet Therapy, or meet transportation needs. For more information, please contact Joan Cullen at 203-315-7510 or email@example.com.
2018 DAILY MASS BOOK
- Parishioners may begin requesting Masses for the year 2018. As we have experience in past years, the date requested may not be available. You may submit your dates in writing. Please include a telephone number and alternative dates. To verify masses contact Denise in the rectory 387-7119. The masses are on a first come first serve basis. The offering for the weekday Mass is $20.00 weekend Mass is $25.00 and the sanctuary candle offering is $10.00.