Welcome – Please Join Us!
Mother Church (OLOA)
1700 Litchfield Turnpike (Rte. 69) Woodbridge, CT 06525 For Directions Click Here
- Weekday Service: Mon – Friday 9:00 am
- Saturday Service: 8:30 am
- Sunday Service: 8:00 am
- No Thursday Service
Our Lady of the Assumption Church & Rectory
81 Center Road (Rte. 114) Woodbridge, CT 06525 For Directions Click Here T: 203-387-7119 F: 203-387-4281
- Saturday Vigil: 5:00 pm
- Sunday Service: 9:30 and 11:30 am
- Confession: Saturday 9:00 am or by appt.
|Pastor||Father Gene E. Gianelli|
|Parochial Vicar||Father Joseph Sidera|
|Deacons||Deacon John Conte Jr.Deacon John ‘Jack’ Mordecai|
|Dir. Religious Ed.||Sister Dorellen Sullivan|
|Parish Secretary||Mrs. Denise Herbert|
|Rel. Ed. Secretary .||Mrs. Nancy Monelli|
|Music Director||Dr. Keith Smolinski|
Weekly Mass Bulletins
- The Archdiocesan and Vicar of Priests notified us that Father Declan has completed his ministry within the Archdiocesan as of September 30. We are grateful for his assistance and ministry during the summer.
- The Archbishop has assigned Father Joseph Sidera a priest of the Congregation of the Holy Cross to assist Father Gene in sacramental ministry. Please welcome Father Joe who begin his ministry with us on October 1.
RELIGIOUS ED / RECTORY HOURS
- Religious Education summer hours are now in effect Monday through Wednesday from 10:00am to 3:00pm.
- Rectory Office hours are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, 9:00am. to 12:30pm. The Rectory Office is closed Thursdays.
- Registration for the 2017-2018 Religious Education year are being accepted now! First grade children and students who will be new to the program in the fall should be registered as soon as possible. Baptismal certificates are required at the time of registration if children were not baptized at Our Lady of the Assumption.
REPORTING SEXUAL ABUSE
- If you have knowledge or suspect that a minor or vulnerable adult (an adult with an intellectual disability) has been sexually abused, in any manner, by personnel of the Archdiocese of Hartford, you are urged to report this information to: Kathleen D. Norwosadko, Victim Assistance Coordinator (860-541-6475) Kathleen.firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, you will be asked to follow up in writing with a detailed description of the facts involved in the incident. Specifics of this written report can be found in the Policies and Procedures of the Archdiocese of Hartford Relating to Allegations of Sexual Misconduct involving Minors and Vulnerable Adults.
- This document is also available online at www.archdioceseofhartford.org. The Archdiocese of Hartford will report any and all incidents to the proper civil authorities.
KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS
- Trinity Council works closely with Our Lady of the Assumption Parish in Woodbridge, CT. Members are active participants in the parish with the goal of enriching the lives of those in our community by following the precepts of the Catholic Church and the Knights of Columbus core virtues of Charity, Unity, Fraternity and Patriotism. The Council meets the third Tuesday of every month at the Mother Church at 7PM located at 1700 Litchfield Turnpike (Rte. 69) Woodbridge, CT 06525. Our next Council meeting is scheduled for Tuesday June 20, 2017. Interested parishioners should contact Carlos Alvarez (203.676.7437) for more info.
- The Bethany Garden Club is in need of assistance at its 50th Anniversary celebration. The event will take place on Sunday, October 22 at noon at the Bethany Veterans Park Lodge, 265 Beacon Road (Rt. 42). Candidates who volunteer will be helping with serving food and clean-up. If interested, please call Nancy Monelli at 203-393-2092.
- Lectors workbooks for Advent 2017 through 2018 are available in the Mother Church sacristy and in the Center Road vesting room. Please take a new workbook this month.
Information and Upcoming Events!
PARISH NURSE PROGRAM
- The Parish Nurse Program, led by Barbara Bessinger and Debby Criscuolo aims to foster health promotion by offering health information on a variety of subjects through speakers, classes and other events to help the congregation recognize the interrelationship of mind, body and spirit. Future program information coming soon. Stay tuned!
ANNIVERSARY SUNDAY CELEBRATION
- A special mass will take place at St. Joseph’s Cathedral on Sunday, October 15, 2017 at 2:00P.M. for all couples celebrating their 25th, 50th, 60th and any other special wedding anniversaries. Archbishop Blair will celebrate mass which will include a renewal of vows, a simple reception and an opportunity for a photo with Archbishop Blair. All are encouraged to attend. Please call the Rectory at 203-387-7119 to reply by September 11. Questions regarding the Mass can be directed to Clarigsa Pena at 860-242-5573 ext. 2690.
- Knights of Columbus Council 5467 is sponsoring a blood drive On Friday, Oct 20 in our church hall. Please go to redcrossblood.org to choose your appointment slot, or call 1-800 RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) to schedule by phone. We encourage you to book your appointment ASAP. Walk-ins are welcome.
THANKSGIVING FOOD DRIVE
- The Social Action Committee will be providing Thanksgiving food baskets for needy families in our area communities. After all masses next week, members of the Social Action Committee will be passing out food bags with a list of items needed. Please consider our request and return filled bags to the rear of the church by the weekend of October 28th & 29th. Thank you.
- Sacred Heart Academy to host open house Sunday October 15 from 1P.M. to 3 P.M. Sacred Heart Academy is an independent Catholic college preparatory school for young women in grades 9-12. The entrance exam admission information is available at www.sacredhearthamden.org. Applicants pre-register for the exam by completing the application for admission and submitting it by November 1.
LITTLE SISTERS OF THE POOR
- On the weekend of October 28 & 29, the Little Sisters of the Poor will be visiting our Parish. The collection taken for them will be exclusively for the care of the elderly poor who reside with them at St. Joseph’s Residence in Enfield. The Little Sisters of the Poor have been serving the need of the elderly poor in Connecticut and Western Massachusetts for over 100 Years. They are most grateful for your generosity.
PARISH NURSE PROGRAM TRAINING
- The Parish Nurse program has arranged to have life-saving CPR and Automated External Defibrillator training on Sunday November 5th at 1pm in the Parish Hall. Training will include adult, child, and infant CPR and will be valid for 2 years. American Heart Association program completion cards cost $10.00.
- Please register by November 1st so we can ensure the proper number of instructors are available. To do so, please contact Barbara Bessinger at 203.389.7709 or Debby Criscuolo at 203.389.6463. You may also email us at email@example.com . We look forward to seeing you on the 5th! Barbara and Debby.
- The Archbishop’s Hartford Foundation is sponsoring a raffle. The prize is a “full-equipped” 2017 Corvette. The vehicle has been donated by a Catholic lawyer. Raffle tickets are $10.00. Tickets are available at the rectory thru November 2. Proceeds will assist Catholic Education Schools and Religious Program within the Archdiocese.
COATS FOR KIDS
- The Trinity Council #5467 announces their 3rd annual “Coats for Kids” Program. The purpose of this coats initiative is designed to keep children warm in harsh winter climates. Please contact Bob Ellis (203-393-0787) asap if you know of families with children who could benefit from receiving a new winter coat. The coats will be distributed between Nov. 1-Dec 15. Each box of (12) coats cost $220. If you would like to make a donation, of any amount, to help purchase additional coats, please mail your check to the rectory office, payable to the “Trinity Council #5467”, at 81 Center Road, Woodbridge by Nov. 15 to assist us with our planning.
- The Our Lady of the Assumption Ladies Guild is hosting the Annual Christmas Bazaar and Craft Fair on Saturday November 18, 2017, from 9am to 4pm at 81 Center Road, Woodbridge, CT. Table prices are $50.00 for a 6-foot table space, and $75.00 for a 12-foot display area. Having sold out of space we encourage you to book early. Please contact Linda Reilly at 203-387-1051 or firstname.lastname@example.org for details. Here is the Crafter Agreement Form.
- The Social Action Committee fall fundraiser breakfast will be held on Sunday, December 3, 2017 after the 9:30a.m. Mass. Tickets: adults $8.00; children between 5-12 years of age $3.00; under 5 free. Net proceeds will assist the committee with their social ministry programs. Contact Barbara Bessinger, Chairperson 203-789-7709.