Welcome – Please Join Us!
Mother Church (OLOA)
1700 Litchfield Turnpike (Rte. 69) Woodbridge, CT 06525 For Directions Click Here
- Weekday Service: Mon – Friday 9:00 am
- Saturday Service: 8:30 am
- Sunday Service: 8:00 am
- No Thursday Service
Our Lady of the Assumption Church & Rectory
81 Center Road (Rte. 114) Woodbridge, CT 06525 For Directions Click Here T: 203-387-7119 F: 203-387-4281
- Saturday Vigil: 5:00 pm
- Sunday Service: 9:30 and 11:30 am
- Confession: Saturday 9:00 am or by appt.
|Pastor||Father Gene E. Gianelli|
|Parochial Vicar||Father Francois Xavier Eale|
|Deacons||Deacon John Conte Jr.Deacon John ‘Jack’ Mordecai|
|Dir. Religious Ed.||Sister Dorellen Sullivan|
|Parish Secretary||Mrs. Denise Herbert|
|Rel. Ed. Secretary .||Mrs. Nancy Monelli|
|Music Director||Dr. Keith Smolinski|
Weekly Mass Bulletins
- March 19, 2017
- March 12, 2017
- March 05, 2017
- February 26, 2017
- February 19, 2017
- February 12, 2017
- February 05 2017
RELIGIOUS ED OFFICE HOURS
- Monday through Wednesday 10:00AM to 5:00PM. Rectory office hours: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday, 9:00AM to 12:30PM. The office is closed Thursdays.
- Those interested in applying for the next class of Diaconate Formation must first attend the following two informational sessions. If married, spouses must also attend. Diaconate Formation encompasses vocational, human, spiritual, intellectual and pastoral dimensions. All sessions will be held at St. THOMAS SEMINARY, 467 Bloomfield Avenue in Bloomfield on the following dates: 1) Sunday, March 12, 2017 1:30 to 3:00PM 2) Sunday, March 26, 2017 1:30 to 3:00PM. To register call 850—242-5573 ext 7447 or firstname.lastname@example.org
KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS
- Trinity Council works closely with Our Lady of the Assumption Parish in Woodbridge, CT. Members are active participants in the parish with the goal of enriching the lives of those in our community by following the precepts of the Catholic Church and the Knights of Columbus core virtues of Charity, Unity, Fraternity and Patriotism. The Council meets the third Tuesday of every month at the Mother Church at 7PM located at 1700 Litchfield Turnpike (Rte. 69) Woodbridge, CT 06525.
Information and Upcoming Events!
EASTER FOOD BASKETS
- The Social Action Committee (SAC) will provide food baskets for needy families in our communities on Sunday’ April 9th. Parishioners are encouraged to donate non-perishable food such as pasta, fruit, jelly/jam, peanut butter, cereal, beans, rice, mac & cheese, soup, spaghetti sauce, tuna fish and vegetables. Food bags which were passed out after masses on 3/4 & 3/5 are due back no later than Sunday 3/26. Checks payable to the Social Action Committee are also appreciated and will be used to help purchase additional food items needed. If anyone would like to suggest a needy family to receive a basket, please call John Reilly at 203 387 1051 all names will be kept confidential.
- The God Squad High School Group (high school students of our parish) will be having a bake sale after each mass on the weekend of March 18 and March 19th. All items will be sold for $1.00. Please support our high school students.
- The latest Pastor’s Corner publication and associated Statements of Financial Performance and Budget are now available. Click here for details –> Pastor’s Corner.
2017 ANNUAL APPEAL
- The “active phase” of the 2017 Archbishop’s Annual Appeal will soon kick-off. We have always generously supported the Appeal I humbly ask you to make a sacrificial gift to this year’s Appeal. If you can, kindly increase your gift from 2016. If you have not made a pledge/gift in the past, please give prayerful consideration to do so this year. We will need everyone’s gift to meet and hopefully surpass our parish goal. Let us be mindful for the 2017 Appeal theme: MOVED BY MERCY and help the less-fortunate and the numerous organizations and programs which bring hope to our sisters and brothers. With prayers, I am your priest and friend, Father Gene.
- The Connecticut Hospice, Inc. is sponsoring volunteer orientation and training this winter in our Shelton Home Care office. If you or someone you know is looking for an opportunity to serve others in your community, we would like to hear from you. Our homecare and nursing home patients and families are in need of your care and support. As a volunteer, you can fill your hours by in-home companionship, provide spiritual care or bereavement services, help in the arts, Reiki, Pet Therapy, or meet transportation needs. For more information, please contact Joan Cullen at 203-315-7510 or email@example.com.
2018 DAILY MASS BOOK
- Parishioners may begin requesting Masses for the year 2018. As we have experience in past years, the date requested may not be available. You may submit your dates in writing. Please include a telephone number and alternative dates. To verify masses contact Denise in the rectory 387-7119. The masses are on a first come first serve basis. The offering for the weekday Mass is $20.00 weekend Mass is $25.00 and the sanctuary candle offering is $10.00.