Welcome – Please Join Us!
Mother Church (OLOA)
1700 Litchfield Turnpike (Rte. 69) Woodbridge, CT 06525 For Directions Click Here
- Weekday Service: Mon – Friday 9:00 am
- Saturday Service: 8:30 am
- Sunday Service: 8:00 am
- No Thursday Service
Our Lady of the Assumption Church & Rectory
81 Center Road (Rte. 114) Woodbridge, CT 06525 For Directions Click Here T: 203-387-7119 F: 203-387-4281
- Saturday Vigil: 5:00 pm
- Sunday Service: 9:30 and 11:30 am
- Confession: Saturday 9:00 am or by appt.
|Pastor||Father Gene E. Gianelli|
|Parochial Vicar||Father Francois Xavier Eale|
|Deacons||Deacon John Conte Jr.Deacon John ‘Jack’ Mordecai|
|Dir. Religious Ed.||Sister Dorellen Sullivan|
|Parish Secretary||Mrs. Denise Herbert|
|Rel. Ed. Secretary .||Mrs. Christine Silvestri|
|Music Director||Dr. Keith Smolinski|
Weekly Mass Bulletins
- September 25, 2016
- September 18, 2016
- September 11, 2016
- September 04, 2016
- August 28, 2016
- August 21, 2016
- August 14, 2016
- August 07, 2016
RELIGIOUS ED OFFICE HOURS
- Monday through Wednesday 10:00AM to 5:00PM. Rectory office hours: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday, 9:00AM to 12:30PM. The office is closed Thursdays.
- Keep in mind the 2016 Christmas Bazaar sponsored by the Ladies Guild is just around the corner. Vendors interested in participating can now access the Crafter Agreement Form via this link. Additional information will be posted over the next few months.
KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS
- Trinity Council works closely with Our Lady of the Assumption Parish in Woodbridge, CT. Members are active participants in the parish with the goal of enriching the lives of those in our community by following the precepts of the Catholic Church and the Knights of Columbus core virtues of Charity, Unity, Fraternity and Patriotism. The Council meets the third Tuesday of every month at the Mother Church at 7PM located at 1700 Litchfield Turnpike (Rte. 69) Woodbridge, CT 06525.
Information and Upcoming Events!
- Jesus says to all of us: “Go into the whole world and proclaim the good news to all creation.” (Mk. 16:15). Please consider volunteering your service to teach in our Religious Education program during the coming school year. We are in need of catechists for the following classes: Mondays: Grades 6 (afternoons, 3:45-4:45), Wednesday Evenings: Grades 7 and 8 (7:00-8:15), and Sunday Mornings: Grades 7 (10:15-11:30). With my sincerest appreciation, Sister Dorellen 203 389-9863.
FEAST OF ST. FRANCIS ASSISI
- In celebration of this man of God and his love of all creation, we will celebrate the blessing of animals on Tuesday, October 4 at the Center Road West parking lot at 4:45 PM. We invite parishioners and friends of Our Lady of the Assumption to gather at the rectory garage area for a special blessing of their animals.
ANNIVERSARY SUNDAY CELEBRATION
- All couples celebrating their 25th, 50th, 60th, or other special wedding anniversaries this year are invited to a special Mass at St. Joseph’s Cathedral on Sunday, October 16, 2016 at 2:00 P.M. Archbishop Blair will be the main celebrant. Mass will include the renewal of marriage vows, followed by a simple reception an opportunity for a photo with Archbishop Blair. Family members and friends are encouraged to attend. Please call the Rectory/parish at 203-387-7119 to respond to this invitation. Questions regarding the Mass can be directed to Clarigsa Pena at (860) 242-5573 Ext 2690
- The Knights of Columbus is sponsoring a blood drive with the American Red Cross in Memory of Dan Raucci on Friday, October 21, 2016 from 1:00PM to 5:45PM in the parish hall. For more information and to book a time to donate blood you may call the 24 hour information line on 242-0076.
CT HOSPICE VOLUNTEER
- The Connecticut Hospice, Inc. is sponsoring volunteer orientation and training this fall. If you or someone you know is looking for an opportunity to serve others in your community, we would like to hear from you. Our patients and families are in need of your care and support. As a volunteer, you can help on weekdays/evenings or weekends by assisting in a clerical capacity or offering direct patient /family contact as a friendly visitor, provide pastoral care or bereavement services, help in the arts, massage therapy, pet therapy, hairdresser/barber or provide transportation. For more information, please call 203.315.7500.
- The Children’s choir rehearsal is held on Tuesdays from 4:45—5:15pm. Children from grades 1-8 are invited to sing.