Welcome – Please Join Us!
Mother Church (OLOA)
1700 Litchfield Turnpike (Rte. 69) Woodbridge, CT 06525 For Directions Click Here
- Weekday Service: Mon – Friday 9:00 am
- Saturday Service: 8:30 am
- Sunday Service: 8:00 am
- No Thursday Service
Our Lady of the Assumption Church & Rectory
81 Center Road (Rte. 114) Woodbridge, CT 06525 For Directions Click Here T: 203-387-7119 F: 203-387-4281
- Saturday Vigil: 5:00 pm
- Sunday Service: 9:30 and 11:30 am
- Confession: Saturday 9:00 am or by appt.
|Pastor||Father Gene E. Gianelli|
|Parochial Vicar||Father Joseph Sidera|
|Deacons||Deacon John Conte Jr.Deacon John ‘Jack’ Mordecai|
|Dir. Religious Ed.||Sister Dorellen Sullivan|
|Parish Secretary||Mrs. Denise Herbert|
|Rel. Ed. Secretary .||Mrs. Nancy Monelli|
|Music Director||Dr. Keith Smolinski|
Weekly Mass Bulletins
RELIGIOUS ED / RECTORY HOURS
- Religious Education office hours are Monday through Wednesday from 10:00am to 3:00pm.
- Rectory Office hours are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, 9:00am. to 12:30pm. The Rectory Office is closed Thursdays.
REPORTING SEXUAL ABUSE
- If you have knowledge or suspect that a minor or vulnerable adult (an adult with an intellectual disability) has been sexually abused, in any manner, by personnel of the Archdiocese of Hartford, you are urged to report this information to: Kathleen D. Norwosadko, Victim Assistance Coordinator (860-541-6475) Kathleen.firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, you will be asked to follow up in writing with a detailed description of the facts involved in the incident. Specifics of this written report can be found in the Policies and Procedures of the Archdiocese of Hartford Relating to Allegations of Sexual Misconduct involving Minors and Vulnerable Adults.
- This document is also available online at www.archdioceseofhartford.org. The Archdiocese of Hartford will report any and all incidents to the proper civil authorities.
KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS
- Trinity Council works closely with Our Lady of the Assumption Parish in Woodbridge, CT. Members are active participants in the parish with the goal of enriching the lives of those in our community by following the precepts of the Catholic Church and the Knights of Columbus core virtues of Charity, Unity, Fraternity and Patriotism. The Council meets the third Tuesday of every month at the Mother Church at 7PM located at 1700 Litchfield Turnpike (Rte. 69) Woodbridge, CT 06525. Our next Council meeting is scheduled for Tuesday June 20, 2017. Interested parishioners should contact Carlos Alvarez (203.676.7437) for more info.
- CPR certification cards for those who completed the course can be picked up at the rectory office.
- We now have a number of parishioners who are CPR certified and able to help should an emergency arise. We also have an automated external defibrillator on permanent loan from the parish nurse’s office at Griffin Hospital. The AED is located in the back of the Center Road church by the stairwell.
- Griffin Health is offering a free six-week diabetic self-management workshop beginning in March. The program looks wonderful, and if any parishioners would like to attend, please email us at email@example.com for further information and to preregister.
Information and Upcoming Events!
EASTER SCHEDULE OF SERVICES
- The Schedule and related details for the 2018 Easter Season are now available. Click Here for details. God Bless!
S.O.S. RELIGIOUS EDUCATION
- Our 1st grade class is in need of a teacher beginning on Tuesday afternoons through May 8th. Classes are from 3:45 until 4:45. If there is someone who might be able to help us, please call Sister Dorellen at 203-389-9863.
LENTEN FISH FRY
- The Ladies Guild is hosting their 3rd annual Lenten Fish Fry on Friday, February 23rd in the church hall. There will be two seating’s, 6 pm and 7pm. Tickets are now on sale at all masses. The previous fish fries have been sold out, so get your tickets early. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Everyone is offered the opportunity to contribute towards the expense of flowers for the altars at Christmas and throughout the liturgical year. Please use the envelopes in your envelope packets. All contributions and floral memorials will be acknowledged unless you wish your gift to be anonymous. All donations are appreciated. During Advent and throughout the Christmas season it is a beautiful custom to make a special offering or gift to your Church. These gifts are deeply appreciated and are used for various educational programs conducted by the Parish, all special gifts of $100.00 or more will be acknowledged. Have a blessed Advent and wonderful Christmas.
2019 DAILY MASS BOOK
- As of Monday, February 5, 2018, parishioners began requesting Masses for the year 2019. We recommend parishioners call during the week to reserve the Masses they wish. You may submit your dates in writing. Please include a telephone number and alternative dates. To verify masses contact Denise in the rectory 387-7119. The masses are on a first come first serve basis. The offering for the weekday Mass is $20.00 weekend Mass is $25.00 and the sanctuary candle offering is $10.00.
EASTER FOOD BASKETS
- The Social Action Committee will provide food baskets for needy families in our communities and the Greater New Haven area during the Easter season. Our goal is to provide 150+ baskets. Parishioners are encouraged to donate non-perishable food items which should be left in the rear of the church. The Social Action Committee will distribute shopping bags with a list of items needed after Masses the weekend of February 24th and 25th. We ask that you bring in food items by Sunday, March 18th.
- Checks, payable to the “Social Action Committee”, are also appreciated and will help purchase canned hams and additional food items. If you would like to suggest a needy family to receive a basket, please call Nanci (203-393-9209). All family names will be kept strictly confidential.
- Volunteers are needed (a) Thursday, March 22 at 6:30p.m. – Sort & count food; (b) Palm Sunday, March 25 following the 9:30a.m. Mass – Assemble & distribute the baskets in the Rev. John A. Horgan Parish Center. If you have any questions, please call Margaret at 203-494-7591. Thank you in advance for your continuing generosity!