Welcome – Please Join Us!
Mother Church (OLOA)
1700 Litchfield Turnpike (Rte. 69) Woodbridge, CT 06525 For Directions Click Here
- Weekday Service: Mon – Friday 9:00 am
- Saturday Service: 8:30 am
- Sunday Service: 8:00 am
- No Thursday Service
Our Lady of the Assumption Church & Rectory
81 Center Road (Rte. 114) Woodbridge, CT 06525 For Directions Click Here T: 203-387-7119 F: 203-387-4281
- Saturday Vigil: 5:00 pm
- Sunday Service: 9:30 and 11:30 am
- Confession: Saturday 9:00 am or by appt.
|Pastor||Father Gene E. Gianelli|
|Parochial Vicar||Father Francois Xavier Eale|
|Deacons||Deacon John Conte Jr.Deacon John ‘Jack’ Mordecai|
|Dir. Religious Ed.||Sister Dorellen Sullivan|
|Parish Secretary||Mrs. Denise Herbert|
|Rel. Ed. Secretary .||Mrs. Christine Silvestri|
|Music Director||Dr. Keith Smolinski|
Weekly Mass Bulletins
RELIGIOUS ED OFFICE HOURS
- Monday through Wednesday 10:00AM to 5:00PM. Rectory office hours: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday, 9:00AM to 12:30PM. The office is closed Thursdays.
- Keep in mind the 2016 Christmas Bazaar sponsored by the Ladies Guild is just around the corner. We thank all vendors who have expressed an interest in participating and have secured a spot. As of today, there are no more spaces available! We welcome your interest in next year’s event! Happy Holidays!
CT HOSPICE VOLUNTEER
- The Connecticut Hospice, Inc. is sponsoring volunteer orientation and training this fall. If you or someone you know is looking for an opportunity to serve others in your community, we would like to hear from you. Our patients and families are in need of your care and support. As a volunteer, you can help on weekdays/evenings or weekends by assisting in a clerical capacity or offering direct patient /family contact as a friendly visitor, provide pastoral care or bereavement services, help in the arts, massage therapy, pet therapy, hairdresser/barber or provide transportation. For more information, please call 203.315.7500.
KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS
- Trinity Council works closely with Our Lady of the Assumption Parish in Woodbridge, CT. Members are active participants in the parish with the goal of enriching the lives of those in our community by following the precepts of the Catholic Church and the Knights of Columbus core virtues of Charity, Unity, Fraternity and Patriotism. The Council meets the third Tuesday of every month at the Mother Church at 7PM located at 1700 Litchfield Turnpike (Rte. 69) Woodbridge, CT 06525.
CHRISTMAS AND THANSGIVING DAY SCHEDULES
- The 2016 Christmas Holiday Schedule along with the Thanksgiving Day Schedule are now available. To access them, navigate to the relevant page utilizing the ‘Schedules’ option along the navigation bar above.
Information and Upcoming Events!
- The Confirmation Class of 2017 is supporting” Linens of Love”, a non-profit agency supplying linens and toiletries to area shelters and those transitioning to their own place. Sheets, comforters, laundry supplies, and toiletries are welcome. If you are able to donate such items, please know there is a metal laundry basket at the back of the church where items can be left. Thank you.
- On Wednesday, November 2, Mass will be celebrated at 9:00AM at the Mother Church. Here at Our Lady of the Assumption we offer the opportunity to remember at Holy Mass our beloved dead who have “fallen asleep in the Lord.” Remembrance envelopes will be placed before the altar and our deceased loved ones will be remembered at every Mass. The names of our loved ones who have died will be placed before the altar and be remembered at Mass on All Soul’s Day and throughout the month of November.
COATS FOR KIDS
- The Knights of Columbus announces their 2nd annual “Coats for Kids” Program. The purpose of this coats initiative is designed to keep children warm in harsh winter climates. Last year Trinity Council distributed 36 coats. This year their goal is to provide 60 or more coats. Please contact Bob Ellis (203-393-0787) as soon as possible if you know of families with children who could benefit from receiving a new winter coat. The coats will be available for distribution between November 20 through December 11.
- If you would like to make a financial donation, please mail your check, payable to the “Knights of Columbus, Trinity Council”, at 81 Center Road, Woodbridge by November 7 to assist the council with their planning. Thank you.
ANGEL TREE CAMPAIGN
- The Angel Tree Campaign will begin on November 5th. The Christmas trees will be set up in the vestibules of the Mother Church and the Center Road Church with the angels. Please consider we need gifts returned by Sunday, December 4th. Be sure to attach the paper angel to the gift bag! There are six organizations in and around the Woodbridge/New Haven area with needy children and families who will receive our donations.
- If parishioners of any age would like to help sort/match/ assemble the gifts, we will be at the church hall on Friday morning, December 9th starting at 9:00 am and Sunday, December 11th at 9:00 a.m. Gifts will be distributed on Sunday, December 11th.
- The campaign is headed by Anne McDonnell (203-393-3164), Nancy Slugaski (203-828-6273) and Gale Tirrell. Please call for more information.
THANKSGIVING FOOD BASKETS
- The Social Action Committee will provide food baskets for needy families in our Communities and the Greater New Haven area during the Thanksgiving season. Parishioners are encouraged to donate non-perishable food items which can be left in the rear of the churches. Our goal is to fill 200 baskets. Please return your donation to either church by Sunday November 13th. Checks, payable to the “Social Action Committee” are also appreciated and will help purchase gift cards for turkeys and additional food items. If you would like to suggest a needy family to receive a basket, please call Nanci at 203-393-9209. All family names will be kept strictly confidential.
- Volunteers are needed on Thursday, November 17th at 6:30 PM and on Sunday, November 20th at 10:30 am in the Parish Center. If you have any questions, please call John at 203 804 7288. THANK YOU!
SAC BREAKFAST EVENT
- The Social Action Committee fall fundraiser breakfast will be held on Sunday, December 4, 2016 after the 9:30a.m. Mass. Tickets: adults $8.00; children between 5-12 years of age $3.00; under 5 free. Net proceeds will assist the committee with their social ministry programs. Theme baskets will also be raffled during the breakfast. Contact Barbara Bessinger, Chairperson 203-789-7709. The Social Action Committee is also asking for one non-perishable item with your ticket purchase. Thank you.
- The Children’s choir rehearsal is held on Tuesdays from 4:45—5:15pm. Children from grades 1-8 are invited to sing.