Welcome - Please Join Us!
Our Lady of the Assumption (Mother Church)
1700 Litchfield Turnpike (Rte. 69)
Woodbridge, CT 06525
For Directions Click Here
- Weekday Service: Mon – Friday 9:00 am
- Saturday Service: 8:30 am
- Sunday Service: 8:00 am
- No Thursday Service
Rectory / Center Road Church
81 Center Road (Rte. 114)
Woodbridge, CT 06525
For Directions Click Here
- Saturday Vigil: 5:00 pm
- Sunday Service: 9:30 and 11:30 am
- Confession: Saturday 9:00 am or by appt.
|Pastor||Father Gene E. Gianelli|
|Parochial Vicar||Father Francois Xavier Eale|
|Deacons||Deacon John Conte Jr.Deacon John ‘Jack’ Mordecai|
|Dir. Religious Ed.||Sister Dorellen Sullivan|
|Parish Secretary||Mrs. Denise Herbert|
|Rel. Ed. Secretary .||Mrs. Christine Silvestri|
|Music Director||Dr. Keith Smolinski|
Weekly Mass Bulletins
- October 26, 2014
- October 19, 2014
- October 12, 2014
- October 05, 2014
- September 28, 2014
- September 21, 2014
- September 14, 2014
- September 07, 2014
- The 2014 Holy Day of Obligation Schedule and the 2014 Christmas Mass Schedule are now available. Click on the links or reference the documents under the ‘Schedules’ selection option along the main navigation bar above.
PASTOR’S CORNER & FINANCIAL REPORT
Information and Upcoming Events!
ADULT CONFIRMATION CLASSES
Confirmation classes for baptized Roman Catholics who have made their First Communion and are over the age of 18 will be held in three locations this fall: Our Lady of Loreto (Waterbury, CT) and St. Thomas Seminary (Bloomfield, CT), Contact Mary Marsan: 860-242-5573 and St. Joan of Arc (Hamden, CT), Contact Donna Yatcko: 203-272-6504. Registration forms are available in our parish office or at www.orehartford.org. The Sacrament of Confirmation will be celebrated on October 27, 2014 at 7 pm in the Chapel at St.Thomas Seminary, 467 Bloomfield Ave., Bloomfield, CT 06002.
FALL FUNDRAISING BREAKFAST
The Social Action Committee fall fundraiser breakfast will be on Sunday, October 26, 2014 after the 9:30a.m. Mass. Tickets: adults $8.00; children between 5-12 years of age $3.00; under 5 free. Proceeds will assist social ministry programs. Theme baskets will be raffled. Please contact Barbara Bessinger, Chairperson 203-389-7709 for details. A donation of one non-perishable item with your ticket purchase is appreciated.
2014 CHRISTMAS BAZAAR
- The 2014 Christmas Bazaar sponsored by the Ladies’ Guild is scheduled for Saturday November 15th at the parish hall of Our Lady of the Assumption Church located at 75 Center Road, Woodbridge CT. between the hours of 10 am and 4pm. All are invited to attend! Vendors welcome. For more information, please contact Mrs. Kathy Boufford via 203.816.7755 or email@example.com . A Crafter Agreement Form is now available for review and submission.
THANKSGIVING FOOD BASKETS
The Social Action Committee aims to provide 200+ food baskets for families in our communities and the Greater New Haven area. Parishioners are encouraged to donate non-perishable food items by Monday, November 17. Checks, payable to the “Social Action Committee”, are also appreciated and will help purchase turkey gift cards and additional food items. VOLUNTEER SCHEDULE: ~ Thursday, November 20 at 6:30 p.m. ~ Sunday, November 23 following the 9:30 a.m. Mass.
NIGHTS OF COLUMBUS
- Knights of Columbus Council 5467 is seeking new members who are willing to give back to our faith community. All catholic men over the age of 18 are eligible to join. The council meets the third Tuesday of every month at 7:00 pm at the mother church on Litchfield Turnpike. For more information on joining the Knights or for council information please contact Andy Bucci at (203)444-4446 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RITE OF CHRISTIAN BURIAL
At the celebration of the Rite of Christian Burial/Funeral parishioners are needed to assist the celebrant at the Liturgy by assisting with holy water at the greeting of the deceased, with wine and water and with incense, and with incensation of the casket. Members of this ministry can serve on a rotating basis. Training will be provided. Please call Father Gene (203-387-7119) or email him at email@example.com for details.
- The Archdiocese of Hartford welcomes inquiries from young men seeking to serve the Church as priests. We also would like to help direct those men and women in discerning a vocation in the consecrated life as a religious sister, brother or deacon. Call Director of Vocations, Archdiocesan Center at St. Thomas Seminary (Telephone: 860-761-7456, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or website: at www.vocationshartford.org).