Welcome - Please Join Us!
Our Lady of the Assumption (Mother Church)
1700 Litchfield Turnpike (Rte. 69)
Woodbridge, CT 06525
For Directions Click Here
- Weekday Service: Mon – Friday 9:00 am
- Saturday Service: 8:30 am
- Sunday Service: 8:00 am
- No Thursday Service
Rectory / Center Road Church
81 Center Road (Rte. 114)
Woodbridge, CT 06525
For Directions Click Here
- Saturday Vigil: 5:00 pm
- Sunday Service: 9:30 and 11:30 am
- Confession: Saturday 9:00 am or by appt.
|Pastor||Father Gene E. Gianelli|
|Parochial Vicar||Father Francois Xavier Eale|
|Deacons||Deacon John Conte Jr.Deacon John ‘Jack’ Mordecai|
|Dir. Religious Ed.||Sister Dorellen Sullivan|
|Parish Secretary||Mrs. Denise Herbert|
|Rel. Ed. Secretary .||Mrs. Christine Silvestri|
|Music Director||Dr. Keith Smolinski|
Weekly Mass Bulletins
- November 30, 2014
- November 23, 2014
- November 16, 2014
- November 09, 2014
- November 02, 2014
- October 26, 2014
- October 19, 2014
- October 12, 2014
- October 05, 2014
- The 2014 Holy Day of Obligation Schedule and the 2014 Christmas Mass Schedule are now available. Click on the links or reference the documents under the ‘Schedules’ selection option along the main navigation bar above.
PASTOR’S CORNER & FINANCIAL REPORT
- The September 2014 Pastor’s Corner publication and Financial Report are now available. Click on the links or reference the documents under the ‘Pastor’s Corner’ selection option along the main navigation bar above.
- The Malta Van Project is underway. Over the last several weeks The Knights of Columbus have been actively involved in preparing the van for service to the community. Thanks to the help of many, including Bob Ciccarelli, Bernard Rodrigues, Russ Faroni, Ed Martoccio, Andy Bucci, Bernard, Russ , John Winchell, Pat Early, Frank Cappiello and Bob Kane, the van will soon be ready. Photos can be viewed by visiting our website’s Photo Gallery along the main navigation bar above. THANK YOU ALL!
At the “sign of peace” some parishioners may not wish to shake hands, but extend a nod or a wave. We ask parishioners to accept whatever acknowledgement at the “sign of peace”.
Information and Upcoming Events!
ADVENT WREATH LIGHTING
Parishioners are invited to light the Advent wreath. Please call Denise 387-7119 and let us know your availability. November 29—5:00PM, November 30 – 8:00AM; 9:30AM; 11:30AM, December 6th – 5:00PM, December 7th– 8:00AM; 9:30AM; 11:30AM, December 13th – 5:00PM, December 14th – 8:00AM; 9:30AM; 11:30AM, December 20th – 5:00PM, December 21– 8:00AM; 9:30AM; 11:30AM
2014 CHRISTMAS BAZAAR…THANK YOU!
“The Ladies Guild would like to thank all the people that made de Bazaar possible. Special thanks to: Father Gene, Andy Esposito, Juan Carlos Lopez-Vila, Wayne Luciani, Gene Sullivan and Bob Idarola for cooking delicious food all day. To Keith Smolinski and the children’s choir for a great performance. To all the bakers, specially Karen Cusick and Vickey Acosta. To Margaret Hamilton for coordinating the children’s crafts room. To Cynthia Kane for donating all day to the bake sale table. To Cindy Marion for face painting. To Walter Rish for being Santa once again and finally to all the children that volunteered all day and got their service hours. Thanks from the bottom of our hearts.”
SOCIAL ACTIONS ANGEL TREE
The Social Action Angel Tree Campaign begins on November 15th! Six organizations in and around the Woodbridge/New Haven area with needy children and families will receive our donations. The last date for returned gifts is Sunday, December 7th. Gifts will be sorted December 12 – 14th and distributed Sunday, December 14th. Parishioners of any age are welcome to help with the logistics (sort/match/assemble) starting December 12th at 9:00 am. Please contact campaign leads for details: Anne McDonnell (203-393-3164), Nancy Slugaski (203-828-6273) and Nancy Coffey (203-305-2048). Thank you for your generosity!
FAMILY MOVIE NIGHT
- The Knights of Columbus are sponsoring a Family Movie Night on Friday Dec. 5th at the Parish Hall. Admission is Free. Bring your family and loved ones and join other parishioners and community members for a wonderful evening at the movies! Click here for details and contact information. All are welcome!
Students in the 2015 Confirmation class are organizing a Children’s Book Drive to benefit New Haven Reads, a non-profit organization which distributes free books to individuals and community organizations. Picture books, board books, early readers, and chapter books are appreciated. Collection baskets will be available November 15th thru December 14thin the rear of the church. Please call 203.393.0621 for more information. Thank you.
NIGHTS OF COLUMBUS
- Knights of Columbus Council 5467 is seeking new members who are willing to give back to our faith community. All catholic men over the age of 18 are eligible to join. The council meets the third Tuesday of every month at 7:00 pm at the mother church on Litchfield Turnpike. For more information on joining the Knights or for council information please contact Andy Bucci at (203)444-4446 or via email at email@example.com.
RITE OF CHRISTIAN BURIAL
At the celebration of the Rite of Christian Burial/Funeral parishioners are needed to assist the celebrant at the Liturgy by assisting with holy water at the greeting of the deceased, with wine and water and with incense, and with incensation of the casket. Members of this ministry can serve on a rotating basis. Training will be provided. Please call Father Gene (203-387-7119) or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.