Welcome – Please Join Us!
Mother Church (OLOA)
1700 Litchfield Turnpike (Rte. 69) Woodbridge, CT 06525 For Directions Click Here
- Weekday Service: Mon – Friday 9:00 am
- Saturday Service: 8:30 am
- Sunday Service: 8:00 am
- No Thursday Service
Our Lady of the Assumption Church & Rectory
81 Center Road (Rte. 114) Woodbridge, CT 06525 For Directions Click Here T: 203-387-7119 F: 203-387-4281
- Saturday Vigil: 5:00 pm
- Sunday Service: 9:30 and 11:30 am
- Confession: Saturday 9:00 am or by appt.
|Pastor||Father Gene E. Gianelli|
|Parochial Vicar||Father Francois Xavier Eale|
|Deacons||Deacon John Conte Jr.Deacon John ‘Jack’ Mordecai|
|Dir. Religious Ed.||Sister Dorellen Sullivan|
|Parish Secretary||Mrs. Denise Herbert|
|Rel. Ed. Secretary .||Mrs. Christine Silvestri|
|Music Director||Dr. Keith Smolinski|
Weekly Mass Bulletins
- Coming to know God’s Word for more than 20 years! The Archdiocese of Hartford’s Catholic Biblical School offers a comprehensive Bible study from a Catholic perspective. Interested adults need to begin the enrollment process by August 15, and classes begin in Hamden and the Waterbury area in early September. For more information, check the website www.orehartford.org or call Jill or BJ at 860-242-5573.
RELIGIOUS EDUCATION OFFICE
- Students new to the program in September 2016 are asked to begin the registration process through July and Early August. Baptismal certificate must be presented at the time of registration. May all have a restful and family orientated summer.
CT HOSPICE VOLUNTEER
- The Connecticut Hospice, Inc. is sponsoring volunteer orientation and training this fall. If you or someone you know is looking for an opportunity to serve others in your community, we would like to hear from you. Our patients and families are in need of your care and support. As a volunteer, you can help on weekdays/evenings or weekends by assisting in a clerical capacity or offering direct patient /family contact as a friendly visitor, provide pastoral care or bereavement services, help in the arts, massage therapy, pet therapy, hairdresser/barber or provide transportation. For more information, please call 203.315.7500.
- Keep in mind the 2016 Christmas Bazaar sponsored by the Ladies Guild is just around the corner. Vendors interested in participating can now access the Crafter Agreement Form via this link. Additional information will be posted over the next few months.
KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS
- Trinity Council works closely with Our Lady of the Assumption Parish in Woodbridge, CT. Members are active participants in the parish with the goal of enriching the lives of those in our community by following the precepts of the Catholic Church and the Knights of Columbus core virtues of Charity, Unity, Fraternity and Patriotism. The Council meets the third Tuesday of every month at the Mother Church at 7PM located at 1700 Litchfield Turnpike (Rte. 69) Woodbridge, CT 06525.
Information and Upcoming Events!
- Jesus says to all of us: “Go into the whole world and proclaim the good news to all creation.” (Mk. 16:15). Please consider volunteering your service to teach in our Religious Education program during the coming school year. We are in need of catechists for the following classes: Mondays: Grades 3, 4, and 6 (afternoons, 3:45-4:45) Tuesday: Grade 1 (afternoons, 3:45-4:45) Wednesday: Grades 1 and 2 (afternoons, 3:45-4:45) Wednesday Evenings: Grades 7 and 8 (7:00-8:15) Sunday Mornings: Grades 7 and 10 (10:15-11:30). With my sincerest appreciation, Sister Dorellen 203 389-9863.
BACK TO SCHOOL DRIVE
- OLOA Ladies Guild is collecting donations for their Annual Back to School Drive to benefit St. Aedan- St. Brendan Catholic School and St. Francis & St. Rose School in New Haven. Please support our efforts by donating notebooks, 3 ring binders, composition books, lined paper, art supplies, back packs, etc. Items can be left in the collection box in the Church vestibule or checks payable to “OLOA Ladies Guild” can be left in the Rectory office or mailed to Diane Ritucci, 28 Fox Den Way, Woodbridge. Deadline for Donations will be: Sunday, September 4th.
HEALING MASS…LOURDES IN CT
- On Saturday, September 10, 2016 the Order of Malta will hold the third annual “Lourdes in a Day Pilgrimage” at St. Thomas Seminary in Bloomfield, CT. Known for their charism of defense of the Catholic faith and service to the sick and the poor, the Order of Malta conducts this one-day pilgrimage to allow those unable to make the trip to Lourdes, France to experience the joy, grace and healing promised by Our Lady of Lourdes. The day begins at 9:30am with reconciliation, Mass with Archbishop Leonard P. Blair at 10 a.m., lunch at noon and workshops for the sick and their caretakers afterwards. The day will conclude at 4:30 p.m. There is NO cost. Please register with Mark Sullivan at: 860-523-1405 by Monday, August 15.
WISDOM HOUSE RETREAT AND CONFERENCE CENTER
- For further information, contact Wisdom House at: (860) 567-3163, email@example.com or visit: www.wisdomhouse.org
- Tielhard de Chardin: Pilgrim, Prophet, Mystic – A Three Part Series with Sally Woodhall. Saturday September 10 (9:30 am-3 pm). Explore how Chardin’s writings expand and deepen the realization of God.
- Knights of Columbus Assembly #2459 Presents the 4th Annual Golf Tournament to benefit Veteran & Military programs & other charitable causes. Sunday Sept. 11, 2016 Country Club of Woodbridge. Noon registration & lunch 1pm shotgun start. Reception dinner following play $150 per golfer. non golfer dinner $50 donation Featured prizes include $25,000 Hole-in-one prize 1 free club per golfer Plus other gifts & prizes and a fabulous raffle. For further information, contact Ric Raffone (203)-6406482.
TAILGATE PARTY: YALE YOUTH DAY
- Trinity Council is sponsoring a tailgate party at the Yale Bowl on Saturday, September 17, 2016. The tailgate will begin at 11:00am. The Yale Bulldogs will play Colgate University. This game is also Yale’s Youth Day at the Bowl and youth tickets (12 and under) for the game are FREE. The menu will include hamburgers, hot dogs, bratwurst, snacks, salads, drinks, desserts and more. All tailgate tickets for adults and teenagers are $12 each; children 12 and under may enjoy the tailgate for FREE. To purchase or reserve your tickets for the tailgate event, call Bob Ellis 203.393.0787 no later than Wednesday, September 14th.
- PLEASE NOTE: The $12 cost is for the tailgate ONLY. Game tickets can be purchased at the Yale ticket box offices located near the bowl entrances.
ANNIVERSARY SUNDAY CELEBRATION
- All couples celebrating their 25th, 50th, 60th, or other special wedding anniversaries this year are invited to a special Mass at St. Joseph’s Cathedral on Sunday, October 16, 2016 at 2:00 P.M. Archbishop Blair will be the main celebrant. Mass will include the renewal of marriage vows, followed by a simple reception an opportunity for a photo with Archbishop Blair. Family members and friends are encouraged to attend. Please call the Rectory/parish at 203-387-7119 to respond to this invitation. Questions regarding the Mass can be directed to Clarigsa Pena at (860) 242-5573 Ext 2690