Welcome - Please Join Us!
Our Lady of the Assumption (Mother Church)
1700 Litchfield Turnpike (Rte. 69)
Woodbridge, CT 06525
For Directions Click Here
- Weekday Service: Mon – Friday 9:00 am
- Saturday Service: 8:30 am
- Sunday Service: 8:00 am
- No Thursday Service
Rectory / Center Road Church
81 Center Road (Rte. 114)
Woodbridge, CT 06525
For Directions Click Here
- Saturday Vigil: 5:00 pm
- Sunday Service: 9:30 and 11:30 am
- Confession: Saturday 9:00 am or by appt.
|Pastor||Father Gene E. Gianelli|
|Parochial Vicar||Father Francois Xavier Eale|
|Deacons||Deacon John Conte Jr.Deacon John ‘Jack’ Mordecai|
|Dir. Religious Ed.||Sister Dorellen Sullivan|
|Parish Secretary||Mrs. Denise Herbert|
|Rel. Ed. Secretary .||Mrs. Christine Silvestri|
|Music Director||Dr. Keith Smolinski|
Weekly Mass Bulletins
- May 24, 2015
- May 17, 2015
- May 10, 2015
- May 03, 2015
- April 26, 2015
- April 19, 2015
- April 12, 2015
- April 05, 2015
ALPHA ACHIEVEMENT SUMMER PROGRAM 2015
The ALPHA Achievement Program is looking for college students to teach one of the summer classes in Character Development, Math, English, Computer Skills, Dance and Expressive Arts Music to Girls in Grades 3-8 from June 25 to July 3 from 9A.M. to Noon at Saint Thomas More Catholic Hall at Yale University, 268 Park St., New Haven, CT. Teacher training and books will be provided. The stipend is $300. ALPHA is a supplementary educational program which promotes character development and academic excellence among CONNECTICUT YOUTH. Applicants may send resumes to: email@example.com or call 203-393-3396 or 203-507-7812.
On Sunday, May 24 Father Bob will celebrate the 11:30AM Liturgy on the occasion of his 55th of his priestly ordination. On Monday, May 25 Father Gene who was ordained on May 23, 1970 will offer a Mass of Thanksgiving at the 9:00AM in the Mother Church. Father Bob and Father Gene ask parishioners to join them in prayer for them and those they serve. Parishioners are invited to Holy Mass is May 24 and 25.
- All chair people, ministries, organizations or sponsored activities must submit their event dates which will utilize the Parish Center, Church, or the Gonzalo Docal Conference Room by June 26th in order to avoid scheduling conflicts.
Information and Upcoming Events!
Religious Education Summer Office Hours beginning next week are from 10-3PM Monday through Wednesday (closed Thursdays and Fridays). Weekday Rectory office hours are 9-12:30PM (closed Thursdays).
RELIGIOUS EDUCATION PROGRAM
- Weekly Religious Education classes are available to parishioners with students in grades 1 thru 10. Registration open from May 18 through August 28, 2015. All students, new to the program, must register before September 1. Please contact Sr. Dorellen Sullivan at the Religious Education Office at 203-389-9863 for additional information.
2015 ARCHBISHOP’S ANNUAL APPEAL
The 2015 Archbishop’s Annual Appeal, ensuring the essential charitable , educational, and pastoral ministries are carried forward, is now underway. If you would like to make a gift, you may kindly mail in your pledge card, contact our parish secretary, visit the Archdiocesan website at archdiocesofhartford.org or call the Appeal Office at (800-781-2550). Thank you.
PASTORAL PLANNING SURVEY
Soon you will be invited to take an online pastoral planning survey. The results of this survey will help inform how we can best work together to reposition our Archdiocese in ways that will ensure the success of our mission, for the glory of God and the salvation of souls. The link to the pastoral survey will be published in the parish bulletin in early May, and access to the survey will be available at archdioceseofhartford.org. Paper copies will be offered for those who do not have online access. We thank you in advance of your participation.
ADULT SCRIPTURE PROGRAM
- You are cordially invited to attend an adult scripture program and enjoy the Word of God with friends! This program meets weekly at the Parish Center on Monday evenings from 7-9pm. To get a better sense of how the program is designed, learn more about what to expect, to share ideas, or simply get more information, please contact Connie Oligino at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to meeting with you and sharing the Word in a casual and welcoming environment!
LADIES GUILD DINNER
- The Ladies Guild of Our Lady of the Assumption Church Cordially invites you and your guests to The Annual Ladies Guild Dinner scheduled for June 8, 2015 at Carmine’s Tuscan Grill Ristorante located at 1500 Whalley Avenue starting at 6:00 pm. Dinner will be followed by the Annual Meeting & Presentation of 2015 Ladies Guild Service Awards. PRICE: $34.00 RSVP by June 2nd. Please contact the rectory or review the bulletin for more information.
The Social Action Spring Breakfast Committee would like to express a sincere thank you to all who helped make this drive a success and to all who attended! It was a pleasure seeing the community come together. The next breakfast event will be scheduled in the fall.
Notre Dame High School of West Haven is now accepting transfer applications for grades 10 & 11 for the 2015-16 Academic Year! For more information, contact Mr. Pasquale Izzo’ 00, Director of Admissions at 203-937-3230.
ALL SCHOOL REUNION—1901-1990
Sunday, October 11, 2015, Limited Seating Memorial Mass at 10 at St. Mary’s, New Haven 11:30-2:30 Brunch at Anthony’s in Morris Cove. Tickets $52 SMHS2015, Name, Email, Year of Graduation, Phone. Call Teresa Sirico 203-469-5330 (email@example.com).