Welcome – Please Join Us!
Mother Church (OLOA)
1700 Litchfield Turnpike (Rte. 69) Woodbridge, CT 06525 For Directions Click Here
- Weekday Service: Mon – Friday 9:00 am
- Saturday Service: 8:30 am
- Sunday Service: 8:00 am
- No Thursday Service
Our Lady of the Assumption Church & Rectory
81 Center Road (Rte. 114) Woodbridge, CT 06525 For Directions Click Here T: 203-387-7119 F: 203-387-4281
- Saturday Vigil: 5:00 pm
- Sunday Service: 9:30 and 11:30 am
- Confession: Saturday 9:00 am or by appt.
|Pastor||Father Gene E. Gianelli|
|Parochial Vicar||Father Declan Creighton|
|Deacons||Deacon John Conte Jr.Deacon John ‘Jack’ Mordecai|
|Dir. Religious Ed.||Sister Dorellen Sullivan|
|Parish Secretary||Mrs. Denise Herbert|
|Rel. Ed. Secretary .||Mrs. Nancy Monelli|
|Music Director||Dr. Keith Smolinski|
Weekly Mass Bulletins
RELIGIOUS ED / RECTORY HOURS
- Religious Education summer hours are now in effect Monday through Wednesday from 10:00am to 3:00pm.
- Rectory Office hours are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, 9:00am. to 12:30pm. The Rectory Office is closed Thursdays.
- Registration for the 2017-2018 Religious Education year are being accepted now! First grade children and students who will be new to the program in the fall should be registered as soon as possible. Baptismal certificates are required at the time of registration if children were not baptized at Our Lady of the Assumption.
KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS
- Trinity Council works closely with Our Lady of the Assumption Parish in Woodbridge, CT. Members are active participants in the parish with the goal of enriching the lives of those in our community by following the precepts of the Catholic Church and the Knights of Columbus core virtues of Charity, Unity, Fraternity and Patriotism. The Council meets the third Tuesday of every month at the Mother Church at 7PM located at 1700 Litchfield Turnpike (Rte. 69) Woodbridge, CT 06525. Our next Council meeting is scheduled for Tuesday June 20, 2017. Interested parishioners should contact Carlos Alvarez (203.676.7437) for more info.
Information and Upcoming Events!
- The offices of the Archbishop and Vicar for Priests have announced that Father Declan Creighton, presently serving as pastor of St. Ann & St. Gabriel parishes in Milford, will assume pastoral duties at Our Lady of the Assumption. The parish community extends a warm welcome and countless blessings to Father Creighton. We look forward to meeting you!
- I would like to thank you for a beautiful farewell celebration that we had here last weekend at Our Lady of the Assumption. It was a great and memorable celebration. All your kind words that I am still reading, best wishes and generous gifts were truly appreciated. It has been a great journey with all of you who made me the type of priest I am today. Though I am leaving our parish, Our Lady of the Assumption, I pray that a piece of me stays here with you. You will always be a part of who I am. For sure, I am taking a part of you with me as well. I will always remember you. Thank you for sharing yourself with me. What a wonderful journey!!! Blessings!!!
- My new address: Rev. Francois X. Eale c/o Saint Francis of Assisi Church 29 Northgate Drive Greenlawn, NY 11740 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Your priest, Fr. Francois
- Some photos…Thank You!
LADIES GUILD AWARD RECIPIENTS
- Congratulations to this year’s award recipients…all the best moving forward! • Abigail Burford • Owen Dodds • Evelyn Luciani • Bailey MacNamara • Nicholas Reis • Annacatherine Slanski • Andre Sofair
- The Archdiocese of Hartford welcomes inquiries from men seeking to serve the Church as priests or deacons and from men and women who are discerning a vocation to the consecrated life as a religious brother or sister. To talk about a priestly vocation, contact Father Jeffrey Gubbiotti, Vocation Director, at 860-761-7456 or by email: email@example.com.
2018 DAILY MASS BOOK
- Parishioners may begin requesting Masses for the year 2018. As we have experience in past years, the date requested may not be available. You may submit your dates in writing. Please include a telephone number and alternative dates. To verify masses contact Denise in the rectory 387-7119. The masses are on a first come first serve basis. The offering for the weekday Mass is $20.00 weekend Mass is $25.00 and the sanctuary candle offering is $10.00.
DAY OF REFLECTION
- Catholic Women’s Day of Reflection is scheduled for Saturday, September 9, 2017 starting at 8:00AM at St. John Vianney Church located on Captain Blvd West Haven , CT. Please call 203-874-5416 to register and for further information.
- The latest Pastor’s Corner publication and associated Statements of Financial Performance and Budget are now available. Click here for details –> Pastor’s Corner.