Welcome – Please Join Us!
Mother Church (OLOA)
1700 Litchfield Turnpike (Rte. 69) Woodbridge, CT 06525 For Directions Click Here
- Weekday Service: Mon – Friday 9:00 am
- Saturday Service: 8:30 am
- Sunday Service: 8:00 am
- No Thursday Service
Our Lady of the Assumption Church & Rectory
81 Center Road (Rte. 114) Woodbridge, CT 06525 For Directions Click Here T: 203-387-7119 F: 203-387-4281
- Saturday Vigil: 5:00 pm
- Sunday Service: 9:30 and 11:30 am
- Confession: Saturday 9:00 am or by appt.
|Pastor||Father Gene E. Gianelli|
|Parochial Vicar||Father Francois Xavier Eale|
|Deacons||Deacon John Conte Jr.Deacon John ‘Jack’ Mordecai|
|Dir. Religious Ed.||Sister Dorellen Sullivan|
|Parish Secretary||Mrs. Denise Herbert|
|Rel. Ed. Secretary .||Mrs. Nancy Monelli|
|Music Director||Dr. Keith Smolinski|
Weekly Mass Bulletins
RELIGIOUS ED / RECTORY HOURS
- The Religious Education Office and the Rectory Office (203.387.7119) will be closed in observance of Memorial Day Holiday on Monday, May 29, 2017. Religious Education hours Monday through Wednesday 10:00am to 3:00pm. Summer hours are in effect.
- Rectory Office hours are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, 9:00am. to 12:30pm. The Rectory Office is closed Thursdays, Religious Education hours Monday through Wednesday 10:00am to 3:00pm. Summer hours are in effect.
- Registration for the 2017-2018 Religious Education year are being accepted now! First grade children and students who will be new to the program in the fall should be registered as soon as possible. Baptismal certificates are required at the time of registration if children were not baptized at Our Lady of the Assumption.
2018 DAILY MASS BOOK
- Parishioners may begin requesting Masses for the year 2018. As we have experience in past years, the date requested may not be available. You may submit your dates in writing. Please include a telephone number and alternative dates. To verify masses contact Denise in the rectory 387-7119. The masses are on a first come first serve basis. The offering for the weekday Mass is $20.00 weekend Mass is $25.00 and the sanctuary candle offering is $10.00.
Information and Upcoming Events!
2017 ANNUAL APPEAL
- The “active phase” of the 2017 Archbishop’s Annual Appeal will soon kick-off. We have always generously supported the Appeal I humbly ask you to make a sacrificial gift to this year’s Appeal. If you can, kindly increase your gift from 2016. If you have not made a pledge/gift in the past, please give prayerful consideration to do so this year. We will need everyone’s gift to meet and hopefully surpass our parish goal. Let us be mindful for the 2017 Appeal theme: MOVED BY MERCY and help the less-fortunate and the numerous organizations and programs which bring hope to our sisters and brothers. With prayers, I am your priest and friend, Father Gene.
- The Knights of Columbus Trinity Council #5467 would like to thank everyone who helped make the Open House a successful event. Men who are interested in learning about our mission, good works and membership are invited to contact Pat Early (203-376-6377) or Carlos Alvarez (203-676-7437) for more information.
- The Social Action Committee Annual Spring fundraiser breakfast will be held on Sunday, May 21, 2017 after the 9:30 AM Mass.
- The Knights of Columbus Council 5467 is sponsoring a blood drive on Friday May 26th at Our Lady of the Assumption Church, 81 Center Road in Woodbridge from 1 to 6pm. If you are at least 17 years old, weight at least 110 pounds, are in good health, and have not donated for 56 days, you can most likely donate. To schedule a convenient appointment please visit redcrossblood.org or call 1-800-733-2767. Walk-ins welcome! Thank you!
THE ASCENSION OF THE LORD
- Thursday, May 25, 2017 Mass at the Mother Church: 9:00AM. Mass at Center Road Church: Noon & 6:00pm.
DAY OF PRAYER
- Save the Date Day of Prayer and Reflection For the women of our Parish, sponsored by the Ladies Guild for Saturday, June 3rd 2017, 9:30am-2:30pm at Our Parish at the Gonzalo Docal Room. Theme: THE SPRING FLING: A reflection day Conducted by: Sister Patty Cook, RSM. There will be a fee of $25 which will include: Coffee, donuts, and lunch. For reservations please call Sister Dorellen at 203-389-9863 or Montse Lopez-Vila at 203-285-7333.
- Honor Dad on Father’s Day with a Father’s Day Mass Card available after Masses on June 3,4,10 and 11. $2.00 each. All card recipients will be remembered at Masses on Father’s Day weekend June 17-18.
- The Archdiocese of Hartford welcomes inquiries from men seeking to serve the Church as priests or deacons and from men and women who are discerning a vocation to the consecrated life as a religious brother or sister. To talk about a priestly vocation, contact Father Jeffrey Gubbiotti, Vocation Director, at 860-761-7456 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.