- The Religious Education Program provides programs for children 3 years old to high school students preparing to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation.
Academic Curriculum / Focus
- The formal Religious Education program begins with grade 1 where the developmental program “We Believe” series published by William H. Sadlier is used.
- Grade 1: Children learn basic doctrine concerning the way God shows His love for them through creation, the gift of Jesus, Mary, the Holy Spirit, and the Church.
- Grade 2: Students learn more about God and belief in God, begin a preparation for the Sacraments of Reconciliation and First Holy Communion, and are introduced to the Mass.
- Grade 3: The sacraments of First Reconciliation and First Holy Communion are received in 3rd grade. The sacrament of First Reconciliation is celebrated in January. First Holy Communion is celebrated in May.
- Grade 4, 5 and 6: Students study the Beatitudes, the Commandments, the Sacraments, and the Old Testament. Each year the Mass, Reconciliation and Eucharist are reviewed, as well as the seasons of the Church year.
- Grades 7 & 8: The students receive a review of the basic beliefs of our faith through an in-depth study of the “Nicene Creed”. Students are advised to begin fulfilling service requirements needed for Confirmation. 8th Grade students are required to pass a comprehensive religion test at the end of the year.
- Grades 9 and 10: High school students are required to successfully complete a two year Confirmation preparation program and candidates are required to complete 15 hours of community service. The Sacrament is celebrated in March. Note: Parents and Confirmation students are required to sign a Contract of Commitment.
Religious Education Contacts
- Sister Dorellen Sullivan, Director Email: email@example.com
- Mrs. Nancy Monelli, Religious Education Secretary
- Main Office: (203) 389-9863
Monday through Wednesday 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m
Location & Times of Religious Instruction
Center Road Church
81 Center Road (Rte. 114)
Woodbridge, CT 06525
Class Time Office: (203) 397-5250
Main Office: (203) 389-9863
- Grades 1-6: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 3:45p.m. – 4:45p.m.
- Grades 7 -10: Sunday 10:30a.m. – 11:45a.m. & Tuesday and Wednesday 7:00 p.m. – 8:15 p.m.
Confirmation Service Report
To access the Confirmation Service Report simply hover over the ‘Religious Education’ option along the navigation bar above and select ‘Confirmation Service Report’ from the drop-down menu.