Welcome – Please Join Us!
Mother Church (OLOA)
1700 Litchfield Turnpike (Rte. 69) Woodbridge, CT 06525 For Directions Click Here
- Weekday Service: Mon – Friday 9:00 am
- Saturday Service: 8:30 am
- Sunday Service: 8:00 am
- No Thursday Service
Our Lady of the Assumption Church & Rectory
81 Center Road (Rte. 114) Woodbridge, CT 06525 For Directions Click Here T: 203-387-7119 F: 203-387-4281
- Saturday Vigil: 5:00 pm
- Sunday Service: 9:30 and 11:30 am
- Confession: Saturday 9:00 am or by appt.
|Pastor||Father Gene E. Gianelli|
|Parochial Vicar||Father Declan Creighton|
|Deacons||Deacon John Conte Jr.Deacon John ‘Jack’ Mordecai|
|Dir. Religious Ed.||Sister Dorellen Sullivan|
|Parish Secretary||Mrs. Denise Herbert|
|Rel. Ed. Secretary .||Mrs. Nancy Monelli|
|Music Director||Dr. Keith Smolinski|
Weekly Mass Bulletins
RELIGIOUS ED / RECTORY HOURS
- Religious Education summer hours are now in effect Monday through Wednesday from 10:00am to 3:00pm.
- Rectory Office hours are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, 9:00am. to 12:30pm. The Rectory Office is closed Thursdays.
- Registration for the 2017-2018 Religious Education year are being accepted now! First grade children and students who will be new to the program in the fall should be registered as soon as possible. Baptismal certificates are required at the time of registration if children were not baptized at Our Lady of the Assumption.
REPORTING SEXUAL ABUSE
- If you have knowledge or suspect that a minor or vulnerable adult (an adult with an intellectual disability) has been sexually abused, in any manner, by personnel of the Archdiocese of Hartford, you are urged to report this information to: Kathleen D. Norwosadko, Victim Assistance Coordinator (860-541-6475) Kathleen.email@example.com. In addition, you will be asked to follow up in writing with a detailed description of the facts involved in the incident. Specifics of this written report can be found in the Policies and Procedures of the Archdiocese of Hartford Relating to Allegations of Sexual Misconduct involving Minors and Vulnerable Adults. This document is also available online at www.archdioceseofhartford.org. The Archdiocese of Hartford will report any and all incidents to the proper civil authorities.
KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS
- Trinity Council works closely with Our Lady of the Assumption Parish in Woodbridge, CT. Members are active participants in the parish with the goal of enriching the lives of those in our community by following the precepts of the Catholic Church and the Knights of Columbus core virtues of Charity, Unity, Fraternity and Patriotism. The Council meets the third Tuesday of every month at the Mother Church at 7PM located at 1700 Litchfield Turnpike (Rte. 69) Woodbridge, CT 06525. Our next Council meeting is scheduled for Tuesday June 20, 2017. Interested parishioners should contact Carlos Alvarez (203.676.7437) for more info.
- If there are Confirmation Candidates looking for service hours, Sister Dorellen is looking for help in setting up classrooms, putting up bulletin boards and other preparations for the beginning of classes in the fall. If you are interested, please give Sister a call at 203-389-9863.
Information and Upcoming Events!
- The Archdiocesan Catholic Biblical School (CBS) invites adults to engage the Word of God from the perspective of Catholic faith. Enrollment is through August 15th. Classes begin in locations throughout the Archdiocese after Labor Day. For more information visit www.CatholicEdAohct.org or contact the office of Education, Evangelization and Catechesis at (860) 242-5573 or firstname.lastname@example.org . You are also invited to speak with OLOA Parish Ambassador: Roberta J. Alvarez at (203) 393-0387.
- The Archdiocese of Hartford welcomes inquiries from men seeking to serve the Church as priests or deacons and from men and women who are discerning a vocation to the consecrated life as a religious brother or sister. To talk about a priestly vocation, contact Father Jeffrey Gubbiotti, Vocation Director, at 860-761-7456 or by email: email@example.com.
KoC TAILGATE PARTY
- Trinity Council #5467 invites you and your family and friends to a fun-filled day at the Yale Bowl. The 2nd annual tailgate party will start at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday October 14th. Kickoff time is 1:00 p.m. Menu will include hamburgers, hot dogs, bratwurst, snacks, salads, beans, drinks, desserts and more.
- Tailgate tickets are $12.00 each for adults and teenagers; children 12 and under are FREE. To purchase or reserve your tickets or for more information, call Bob Ellis 203.393.0787 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make checks payable to Trinity Council #5467. Mail your check to Bob Ellis, 129 Peck Hill Road, Woodbridge, CT 06525. The deadline to purchase tailgate tickets is Wednesday, October 11.
ANNIVERSARY SUNDAY CELEBRATION
- A special mass will take place at St. Joseph’s Cathedral on Sunday, October 15, 2017 at 2:00P.M. for all couples celebrating their 25th, 50th, 60th and any other special wedding anniversaries. Archbishop Blair will celebrate mass which will include a renewal of vows, a simple reception and an opportunity for a photo with Archbishop Blair. All are encouraged to attend. Please call the Rectory at 203-387-7119 to reply by September 11. Questions regarding the Mass can be directed to Clarigsa Pena at 860-242-5573 ext. 2690.
- Knights of Columbus Council 5467 is sponsoring a blood drive On Friday, Oct 20 in our church hall. Please go to redcrossblood.org to choose your appointment slot, or call 1-800 RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) to schedule by phone. We encourage you to book your appointment ASAP. Walk-ins are welcome.
- The Archbishop’s Hartford Foundation is sponsoring a raffle. The prize is a “full-equipped” 2017 Corvette. The vehicle has been donated by a Catholic lawyer. Raffle tickets are $10.00. Tickets are available at the rectory thru November 2. Proceeds will assist Catholic Education Schools and Religious Program within the Archdiocese.
COATS FOR KIDS
- The Trinity Council #5467 announces their 3rd annual “Coats for Kids” Program. The purpose of this coats initiative is designed to keep children warm in harsh winter climates. Please contact Bob Ellis (203-393-0787) asap if you know of families with children who could benefit from receiving a new winter coat. The coats will be distributed between Nov. 1-Dec 15. Each box of (12) coats cost $220. If you would like to make a donation, of any amount, to help purchase additional coats, please mail your check to the rectory office, payable to the “Trinity Council #5467”, at 81 Center Road, Woodbridge by Nov. 15 to assist us with our planning.
- The Our Lady of the Assumption Ladies Guild is hosting the Annual Christmas Bazaar and Craft Fair on Saturday November 18, 2017, from 9am to 4pm at 81 Center Road, Woodbridge, CT. Table prices are $50.00 for a 6-foot table space, and $75.00 for a 12-foot display area. Having sold out of space we encourage you to book early. Please contact Linda Reilly at 203-387-1051 or email@example.com for details. Here is the Crafter Agreement Form.